You're So Great

(Halloween is funny only in english/american countries, you can't prove me otherwise)

Onceler's point of view

It's been a few days since that dream, and i had a bad feeling about my family, but at least there's Norma to help me not thinking about it.

It was evening after spending the entire afternoon selling thneeds , "So how many sells today Once?" Norma said patting my shoulder, "Not so many but it's a good beginning... thank you" "For what?" "For staying with me, i really appreciate it, your presence is really important for my business" i was telling her all my feelings until she interrupted the moment "you're a little bit cheesy, but it's okay" she smirked at me, i felt a little bit hurt but it didn't matter, we sat on a bench and i started playing something random on my guitar "You know, you and my father would get along" she told me while kicking the air with her feet, "mh? why?" i asked her curious "he's an adorable old man who loves music, he would love the fact that i have a "musician friend" her words made me curious "oh yeah? would he? and what about your mother?" Norma giggled and then answered "she's a sweetheart too, she would like you immediately, they're two lovely elders" after hearing Norma's words, my smile faded a bit, her parents seemed really lovely, Norma was so lucky, "Hey what if you could meet them? Tonight i'll have dinner with them, you should come too!" i was hesitant at first but i was interested to be in a real family even for just a night, there isn't anything bad about it "Okay, only if for them it's okay" i said hoping that they wouldn't hate me, "If you bring your guitar you'll be alright, don't worry".

We arrived at her parents home, it was a little apartment, and a door opened, Norma ran inside and hugged her Mother, she seemed so caring, however, her dad greeted me, i shook his hand "You must be the Onceler, am i wrong? I'm Fred and she's my wife Mary" he said with a warming smile, "Yeah that's me, nice to meet you" i said still shaking his hand, her mother turned her head to look at Norma and asked her "Norma, is he staying for dinner?", "If for you it's not a problem, i would like him to stay" "Great, i'm gonna add another plate to the table".

I looked around the living room and i saw a few photos of Norma and her siblings together, they seemed older than her, so that explains why her parents were old while she was still pretty young, however, we ate dinner, it wasn't anything special but eating in that context made it really good, Norma was right, me and her father got along immediately, every time i was talking about myself Fred looked at Norma and then at me, his eyes were sparkling, it made me feel really appreciate , also her mother was lovely, she was looking at me with sparkling eyes too, at first i was nervous to talk about myself but she made me really comfortable, Mary was really sweet and caring, is this how a mother is supposed to be?

After dinner, we kept talking, about the same topics, about music, how Norma was like as a child, of how Mary and Fred lived they're youth, and so on, until her mother asked me "I saw that you brought your guitar with, would you like to play something for us, please?" "If you want i can play with you" her husband added, "Yeah, sure, i would like to" i said, so i grabbed my guitar and with her father we played something together, it was a simple song nothing to much hard, it was really fun because Mary was "dancing", well, more like doing random moves, but it was really adorable, Norma was still sat on the table looking at that scene looking at us a bit embarrassed but also amused, i felt really well in that house, i was really happy that night, because i had the opportunity to see what two parents who are in love are like, and what is a real family like, i hope one day i'll have the same thing that they have.

Norma's point of view

I can clearly see how much they like Onceler, i'm happy that they saw what a good guy he is, my parents met and fall in love thanks to music, my dad used to write songs for my mum, so i can see that they appreciate that i have a friend like Onceler.

It was pretty late, i hugged my dad, and my mother kissed my forehead, we always greeted in that way, and i was about to left with Onceler until my mother whispered to my ear "Make him share his passion for music to our future grandchildren" "MOM!" i said embarrassed, she just chuckled at me, "So, thank you again for the dinner and the great company, good night" Onceler said before leaving the house with me.
"This was one of the bests dinner i've ever had in my entire life" in that moment he had a bright smile, "Come on, i mean, yeah, my parents are fantastic, but you're acting like your family isn't a family" i was now becoming worried, was his family that bad? "Oh, you'll see Norma, you'll see really soon unfortunately... well,  good night Norma, see you tomorrow?" "Sure, tomorrow at your cottage, good night to you too" we gave each other a hug and then our roads split up.

Hi everyone, i'm back again, i'm posting this at midnight and i feel really tired, so if there are still mistake i'll fix them tomorrow (more like in a few hours), so hope you like it, and gn to everyone, stay safe⭐️