|Chapter 1|

My family and I went to Susannah's beach house every summer in Cousins for as long as I could remember.  Susannah had two boys, Jeremiah and Conrad, while Laurel had Steven and Belly. Ever since I was young, I was always thought of as 'a part of the guys', even if Jeremiah didn't like it. I was tall, lean and athletic, walking with a group of guys in summer. They would invite me to their camps, surfs and other events when the other girls wouldn't be allowed to go. But this year was when everything started to change.

"Oh my gosh! This would look super cute on you!" my sister Jennifer gushed, throwing another piece of clothing into my suitcase.  "I can't wait to go to Cousins!" she continued while rummaging through my closet. "Yeah, me too," I answered, sarcastically as I neatly folded the clothes that she threw. "Oh come on! Don't let Jeremiah ruin your summer!" Jennifer said as she turned to me, her hands on her hips. " You complain, like, way too much." "Yeah, whatever," I mumbled, clearly not convinced by her statements. It was only a few seconds until I heard my mother's shrill voice approaching my room. "Y/N! I have something for you!" she sang as she entered. Without knocking. For probably the 100th time. She was holding a clothes hanger that hung a skimpy, light blue bikini top with a white pattern imprinted onto it. The top had thin, frilled straps and the light blue bottoms matched perfectly. I groaned internally. "You have got to be kidding me. There's no way I'm wearing this tiny piece of fabric." I complained, my head in my hands. I could hear my sister giggling behind me. "You can't wear your one piece  speedo forever, dear, you're growing up now, no longer my little baby." my mother said before placing the swimwear, if you can even call it that, on my bed sheets. Groaning and muttering under my breath, I reluctantly placed the skimpy cloth into my suitcase. I was only doing it for my mother, not ANYTHING else.

"I'm so sick of running as fast as I can, wondering if I'd get there quicker if I was a man," I sung as I drove my family to Cousins, my sister in the front seat while my mother was in the back. "Is Taylor Swift the only think you play?" Jennifer groaned as she scrolled through my Spotify playlist, hoping to find something that wasn't by my favourite artist of all times.  "How about Blank Space?" I cheekily grinned. As we drove past the crystal clear waters of Cousins beach, I wondered about how the brothers, Steven, and Belly. "We're here!" I cheered, pulling up into the driveway. I was still humming the tune of 'The Man' as I got out of the car and breathed in the salty, cool sea air that was so familiar. I was about to start walking up to the house to see everyone until someone bumped into me. I looked up only to find Jeremiah. I noticed how much taller he had gotten over only a year and a bit, and how his golden mop of curls had become more wavy. Even with the changes, in my eyes, he was still as ugly as ever, inside and out. He would stay my arch nemesis forever.  "Watch where you're going stupid." Jeremiah said, rolling his eyes, when it was obviously him who bumped into me. I ignored his comment. "Is Steven here yet?" I asked, as he glared at me. "Steven? No they're not here yet." He replied, looking annoyed. I sighed as he pushed past me, purposely bumping his shoulders against me. I took a deep breath as I heard him great my sister with so much joy and happiness. "Oh my gosh! Look at you Jen! You grew so much. We've missed you tonnes!" Jeremiah shrieked as he hugged my sister. I shrugged it off since I was used to it by now.

"Y/N!" Susannah yelled as she ran up to me. She was wearing a beautiful yellow sundress with a floral pattern, her hair cut up slightly past her shoulders. "Susannah!" I exclaimed as I went over and gave her a hug. "Oh my! You have really grown out of that lean body, but in a really good way!" she laughed as she spun me around. I smiled, not really knowing how to react. Suddenly, I heard a car horn beep. I turned around to see that the Conklin family had arrived. My mother had started chatting with Laurel and Susannah was making her way over to join them. "Steven!" I yelled happily as he got out of the car and came over to me. "Y/N!" he smiled. Steven and I had always had a special bond. Nothing had ever broken it. No arguments at all. He was like the brother I never had. I was about to start a conversation when I noticed a very, very familiar face come out from the behind the hedges. Conrad Fisher. The one I could never take my eyes off. 

I saw him glance over at Belly, then me. I met his gaze. "Con!" I smiled as he gave me a smile back. I turned around and realised Steven was still next to me. "Good luck." he said before walking to Jeremiah who just death glared me. "Y/N." Conrad said, walking up to me. He opened his arms, waiting for a hug, which I gladly took. "It's good to see you." I said happily as we pulled apart. He nodded in return. I swear I could see Jeremiah eyeing the two of us, but I shrugged it off. "Guys, guys, guys, I think it's time for aaaaaaa... BELLY FLOP!" Steven and Jeremiah said in unison. The guys immediately chased Isabel around the front yard as she attempted to escape, which was unsuccessful like every other summer. I laughed as I watched them throw her into the pool. "That's not fair! How come you only do that to me not Y/N?" Belly complained while laughing. "Cause she's apart of the guys," Steven smirked as Conrad nodded in agreement. I smiled to myself as I heard this comment before heading inside.