|Chapter 14|

a/n- this chapter may be a bit messy but it makes sense if you go with the flow!!<3

I looked around nervously, the glances from the other girls piercing into the back of my head. I noticed what seemed to be Shayla(who Steven was non-stop gushing about), patching up Belly's makeup. Zoning out of the conversation, I took in the whole atmosphere. The smell of expensive perfume and sandwiches filling the air until I was snapped back into reality.

 "So, Belly, what colleges are you looking to apply for?" a girl on our table asked. "Oh, Belly's only a sophomore," who I recognised as Nicole, the girl who I envied for weeks, "At least that's what Conrad's told me." she added. 

"I'll be a junior in the fall." Belly replied, awkwardly, the girls on our tables with surprised looks on their faces.

"How about you y/n?" Nicole smiled, almost intimidatingly, as if saying I will kill you if you set a finger on Conrad ever again. 

I shivered, remembering the last time we met.

FLASHBACK

I smiled, an ice-cream cone in hand, gazing up at Conrad as we walked together down the boardwalk. It was the year that I had just turned 13. The year that I finally wasn't 'a little girl' anymore. People looked at me. Boys looked at me. But I didn't care. The only person I wanted was Conrad. I was a hunter, he was my target. 

"You want to have a go on the bouncy castle?" Conrad grinned at me, holding out his palm which held $3. I looked at the castle. There were a few kids at the age of around 5-10. I shook my head. "Nah, it looks like it's just for little kids, you know." I answered, taking a lick of my ice-cream. He looked down, and stared at me, an expression on his face, as if he had just realised that I had grown-up. 

"Conrad! Oh my god! Is that you?" a voice called from the other side of where we were. It was a girl around our age, in a pair of denim shorts and a crochet top, her eyes on Conrad, her voice dripping with desperateness and jealousy. 

"Con, who's that?" I whispered, worried.

"Give me a second, okay?" he said, walking towards her. 

"Okay." I said plainly, but I followed him. He didn't seem to mind. Who was this girl? He was meant to be spending time with me, not her.

When I got there, I noticed the pretty, brown-haired girl scan at me up and down. Her amber-hazel eyes looking at me with distaste and disgust, before rolling her eyes and talking to Conrad in a fake, sweet tone.  I was wearing my brand new blue sundress with white flowers that covered each inch of the skirt, the torso corset-like. The dress that I begged my mom for months to get me from a fancy boutique which was near where we lived. 

I never wore that dress again.

BACK TO PRESENT

"Uhm I was looking at either Yale or Georgetown University as a second option, since I'm hoping it will be easier to get into. But Yale is probably my dream college." I said nervously. 

"Nice." Nicole said through gritted teeth.

"Oh my god. Jeremiah is so hot. Like did you fricking see him just then?" the brunette that sat on my table gasped, a hand flying to her hair.

I clenched my jaw. Jeremiah was my boyfriend. No he wasn't. He was my fake one. Why was I feeling... jealous?

"Uh y/n and Jeremiah are-" Belly started.

"Really close. Yep. He's like my brother, y'know?" I chuckled, stopping her mid sentence, then giving her a please stop look. I definitely did not need another girl coming for me. 

"Oh. Interesting. I'm Gigi by the way." she said, taking a sip of her tea. I watched as she took a quick look at Paige, who was blabbering away about 'being a debutante', before taking a flask out of her bag, and passing it around. 

I shot Belly a don't you dare look, but alas, she poured some into her glass anyway. Soon, the flask was in my hands. I poured a small amount into my teacup, a fake smile on my lips. I hated alcohol. I tried to avoid it at all costs. 

A/n- Oh my gosh longest chapter yet!!! Hope yall enjoyed!! Please comment and vote as well!!!

-your author El<3