|Chapter 16|

"Oh no, Belly is really mad at me now," I sighed, feeling defeated as I rested my head in my hands. I slouched on the dining table, staring down. Steven sat across from me, sipping his own drink and offering words of reassurance. 

"C'mon, it can't be that bad! She's my sister, I would know," he said, looking at me sympathetically. "Besides, I think she overreacted, getting all mad just because you wouldn't let her wear a shirt."

I shrugged, feeling uncertain. "Still, do you think it was wrong of me to do that?"

"Belly could've just asked, don't you think?" Steven suggested.

"I guess you're right, Stephen," I replied with a slight smile, using the nickname I picked up from him thanks to Taylor Swift.

"Hey, it's pronounced Ste-ven, not Ste-fen," Steven corrected me, gesturing with his hands for emphasis on each sound.

"I know, I just wanted to mess with you, dude," I laughed softly, gazing out of the window. I knew that Belly was currently on a date with someone named Cam.

"Hey, man and lady," Jeremiah greeted with a smile as he walked into the dining room, holding a can of soda. He took a seat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I felt a rush of excitement as he moved a bit closer and flashed a smile at me.

 What was going on lately? Nice move, Fisher...

"So, are we still going to that book party thing?" a voice called out from the other side of the room.

I turned my head to see Conrad leaning on the doorframe, his gaze lingering on me. "I guess so. I bet it's going to be boring," Jeremiah chuckled, grinning as he lightly squeezed my shoulder.

----------<3-----------<3-----------<3----------<3

"Y/N. We're leaving and you're coming with us." Jeremiah said, smiling. 

I was sipping a glass of orange juice, a confused expression crossing my face. 

"Uh why?" I frowned, setting it down.

"You'll see."

"Firstly, no, and secondly, why would I say yes to something when I don't even know what's going on?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Please? It can't be that interesting standing here with a cup of juice, can it?" he begged, giving me puppy dog eyes. That damn golden retriever.

Muttering under my breath, I gave in to his antics, following him out and into his red Jeep. 

-------<3--------<3---------<3---------<3

I watched as we pulled up next to Cam's car. The distinct silhouette of Belly and another guy sitting in the front and passenger seat came into view and got clearer when Steven rolled down his window. Belly noticed immediately, getting out of the car, infuriated.

Out of nowhere, the front door is ripped open, only to show a very, very, very angry Belly as the boys laughed and chuckled.

I was seated at the back with Jeremiah, trying to make myself look as uninterested as possible, crossing my arms and looking out the other window next to me. 

My knee bounced up and down uncontrollably, nervous for what was going to happen next... By her death stare, I knew it wouldn't be good at all... Almost as if on queue, a warm, comforting hand was placed on my knee. I glanced up at Jeremiah as my heart felt like it was beating faster than the drums in a marching band...

"What the actual hell are you guys doing here?" Belly growled, her voice immbeded with anger and embarrassment. I looked briefly over to the boys' smug smirks and stubborn faces.

"You need to grow the hell up and get out of here right now!" She yelled, louder this time, looking as if she would kill us then and there, "Y/N? Seriously? Of course you had to come too. Always apart of 'the boys'. Well guess what? No one cares! Now all of you get out!"

I felt myself shrink even more.

"Hey! Don't diss Y/N like that-" Steven started only to get cut off by... Conrad?

"You know what guys, I think we should get out." he said, nonchalantly.

"Hey! You were the one who wanted to come in the first place man!" Jeremiah said, taking his hand off my knee and instead gripping onto the back of his seat, staring at him.

"yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's just go." he grumbled.

Geez... Moody much? No wonder I would rather Jeremiah- Y/N! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

------<3---------<3-------<3---<3

Hi guys!! sorry for not uploading in a long time I was taking a bit of a break cause of school and everything...

Also! i was wondering if I should change the story name to either one inspired by TAYLOR SWIFT or 'My Golden Retriever' or something like that. PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!!!

I hope you like how the story is turning out so far!! This chapter was kinda boring I know, but I just needed to get something onto the page!!

xx el