|Chapter 2|

The summer was still the picturesque abode that stood out amidst the vast expanse of sand and sea. The summer house was just as beautiful as I remembered it. As I strolled in, I could immediately smell Susannah's lavender scent, and I saw her vase filled with freshly picked blue hydrangeas on the table. I grinned. Of course! It was a tradition. The inside of the house had a chill vibe, and there were cool paintings and quirky and awkward family pics of the Fisher Family on the walls. I noticed a new bookshelf stacked with novels and magazines, inviting me to take a break and read. The high ceiling presented itself perfectly with the crystal chandeliers and the wooden beams felt cool under my skin. The walls were painted in a soft pastel hue that gave the entire space a welcoming feel. The windows were adorned with flowy curtains that let in a gentle breeze, twirling like a ballerina, and the wooden floorboards creaked softly under my feet. I took a deep breath. Summer has begun. 

Susannah excitedly raced over to me. 

"Oh My God, haven't you changed, my darling Y/N!"

"Thanks, Suzannah, it's so nice to finally see you! Believe me, I wanted to come here ever since we left!"

"And look at you, without your athletic lean! You look so feminine, my sweet pie! You are really different now! And your clothes! Dresses? I never could have imagined!" Susannah gushed with a hint of eagerness in her voice. I just knew she would start taking me shopping for new clothes and treat me like her doll, in a good way though.

"Yes, she has changed a lot, she even signed up for the Wearable Art Club at school, haven't you?" my mother interjected.

I rolled my eyes. 

"Mum, please don't answer questions for me. I'm not a baby. Anyways Susannah, yeah, I have, and I'm even taking fashion classes as a subject! but I'm not really into sports anymore. Sorry. " I explained.

"Oh, but I can't seem to find a difference. still ugly and annoying as per usual." someone said from across the room. I immediately recognised the voice. I swung around. I could recognise that voice anywhere. Jeremiah Fisher was eyeing me, smirking snarkily. I huffed in a mist of fury, fed up with his actions. I bit the insides of my cheeks, stopping myself from talking back, not wanting to start another argument like we had in the past. "Jeremiah!" Susannah scolded, looking in his direction.  I hated him with my soul. Although I had the urge to kick him in the no-zone, that was out of the picture, I knew it would be best not to act up in front of the parents. Jeremiah, being the absolute heartless jerk like he was, shrugged and left. Probably going to go hang out with Belly and Jennifer. I thought, crossing my arms across my chest. 

"Don't listen to a word he says, dear," Susannah said, snapping me out of my reverie and undying thirst to beat the guy up. I nodded plainly, "I'm gonna go grab my bags out of the car."

"Oh! Let me get Jeremiah to help you. He says he's been working out." Susannah chuckled before calling him over. I internally groaned. Didn't Susannah already know that we are enemies? Can one be so blind? Within seconds, he entered the room, "Yeah?" Jeremiah asked, not sparing me a look. "Please help Y/N with her bags, would you?" she answered in a sweet, almost pleading tone. "Mom! Do I have to? I was about to go for a swim with-" he started complaining before he was cut off. "It's not that hard." smiled Susannah. I smirked. Susannah warned, giving him a 'you will do this if you like it or not' look. I had won our first competition, and I would win many more.  He grumbled something under his breath before motioning for me to come with him. I followed him into the driveway silently and watched him heave my bags out of the car trunk. Jeremiah was obviously displeased at his mom's orders to help me. He passed me a suitcase, so big it literally covered my face, which was also definitely the heaviest before taking the two lighter ones for himself. I decided to pretend not to notice. He only stared at me, his eyebrows narrowed, still muttering under his breath.  

"What makes you hate me so much?" I finally spoke up. Jeremiah glanced up, gawking and raising his eyebrow at me as if I had just asked the stupidest question to exist. "I could write a whole list on why," he said in irritation. "Fine. I'll write a whole list on why, and you can do it too." I answered, frowning. 

"And what makes you think I would take time out of my life to write something about you? Even if it was about how much I hated you, I would still not be bothered, especially since it's you asking," he answered, smirking cruelly. 

That was a good comeback, I thought, trying to find something smart to say back. "Well, you're clearly bothered to take time out of your 'precious' time insulting me." I shot back. He frowned, glowering at me. His reaction was priceless. I beamed, knowing I had won another competition. "Whatever." I heard him say before walking back up to the house, still holding my bags. I victoriously skipped and made my way back to the house, my suitcase kicking up loose gravel underneath me. Grabbing my new iPhone 15, I hurriedly clicked on my best friend Brooke's convo. I just had to spill the tea and gossip.