Prologue

Author's POV

8th August, 2023

In the bustling city of London, Jennie Kim, a young historian with an insatiable fascination for pirate history, found herself lost in the depths of a dusty old bookstore. Her eyes gleamed with excitement as she perused the shelves, searching for hidden treasures of the past. The scent of aged parchment and ink filled the air, intoxicating her senses.

"This is heaven." She mumbled in pure joy.

She was scanning through every single shelves, trying to find a suitable book about some pirate again. Jennie is 23, already graduated from London's prestigious college. Her obsession over pirates were from childhood. The adventurous life of those sea rebels always attracted her. Because of her way too nerdiness, her parents also became frustrated. She has no friends, but not practically a weirdo or loner, she just choose to be alone calm and quiet.

Finally she came across a book shelve full of historical books related to pirates. She read the context written on the wood for every books. As she reached for a book on the top shelf, her hand brushed against something peculiar. Curiosity sparked within her, and she carefully pulled out a small, ornate chest hidden amongst those dusty books. Its intricate carvings and weathered appearance hinted at a story waiting to be unraveled.

Her eyes sparkled in mischief. She looked here and there to see if there's other people around or not. To make sure no one to see her, with trembling hands, Jennie opened the chest, revealing a collection of ancient artifacts. Her heart raced as she examined each item, her mind racing with the possibilities they held. But one particular object caught her attention - a delicate silver locket, adorned with an intricate compass design.

Unbeknownst to Jennie, this locket held a power far beyond her wildest imagination. As she held it in her hands, a surge of energy coursed through her veins, causing her surroundings to blur and fade away. The world as she knew it vanished, replaced by a scene straight out of a history book.

She fell down with a loud thump on an old wooden, creaky deck of a majestic ship. Jennie's eyes widen in disbelief and jaw dropped in shock. A crew of rugged men and women surrounded her. The salty sea air filled her lungs, and the sound of creaking wood and billowing sails filled her ears. Panic and confusion washed over her, for she had been transported back in time to the 17th century.

Jennie glanced down at the locket, realizing that it was the catalyst for this inexplicable journey. She still couldn't believe it. Panicked, she looked around, rubbed her eyes yet nothing changed. She indeed sent back in time by some miracle. Her presence didn't went unnoticed by the crew members. They stared at her astonished.

"HAHAHA!! LOOK WHAT WE GOT HERE JAY!?" a dirty looking man came forward laughing maniacally, while checking her out.

Jennie gulped in fear. She could feel something bad is gonna happen.

"She looks soft and innocent!! HAHAHAHA!!" Another bulky man comes out from the crowd licking his lips.

Jennie moved back, "I'm so dead..."

_________________________________________

This is my first historical ff. I hope you all will like it.

Do vote and comment your opinions.

<333