Bound By Fate

Author's POV

Jennie lay on a makeshift cot in the dimly lit infirmary of the Crimson Tempest, the pirate ship that had saved her from the clutches of Van Drake's crew. Her body was a patchwork of bruises and lacerations, mementos of her time as a slave on Van Drake's ship. The pain was a constant companion, a cruel reminder of her ordeal.

The pirate doctor, a grizzled man with a heart that had long been hardened by the harsh life of the sea, tended to Jennie's wounds. He cleaned and stitched her injuries, his hands surprisingly gentle despite his rough exterior. Jennie winced as he worked, but the pain was nothing compared to the torment she had endured at the hands of Van Drake's crew.

"Easy there, lass!" He said while wrapping her left thigh, the most injured part of her body.

"What's your name?" He asked. It doesn't sounds polite but at least it means a lot to Jennie.

"Jennie." She mumbled.

"I'm George. I don't want to ask cause I can tell that you were a slave there." He confirmed just by seeing her wounds.

Jennie bite her bottom lip, stop herself from remembering those moments.

"Take your medicine. Maybe you'll have fever at night." He cleaned his hand before preparing to leave.

He turned, "Captain has an announcement in the morning. Be there."

He left.

.
.
.
.
.

The next day, in the deck of Crimson Tempest, Kim Jisoo gathered her crew. Her reputation as a fierce and cunning Pirate Queen was well-deserved, and her crew members respected and feared her in equal measure. She stood at the high platform, her sharp eyes assessing her crew's reactions.

"We have a new member aboard," Jisoo announced, her tone leaving no room for argument. "Jennie, our unexpected guest, was once a slave on Van Drake's ship. We rescued her from a fate worse than death."

Murmurs of curiosity and concern filled the room. The pirates exchanged uneasy glances, unsure of what to make of this development.

"Jennie," Jisoo continued, her gaze fixed on the small, frightened woman who had been thrust into their world, "will be part of our crew."

A chorus of objections and protests erupted from the crew. They questioned the wisdom of bringing an outsider into their midst.

Jisoo's voice cut through the commotion, firm and unwavering. "She has knowledge of Van Drake's ship and the seas. We can use that to our advantage."

The crew grudgingly accepted their captain's decision, though some were still wary of Jennie's presence. As the crowd dispersed, involved with their own activity, Jisoo dragged her in a secluded part of the ship.

Jisoo confronted Jennie. "You will be a slave on this ship, as recompense for your rescue," she declared, her eyes holding a hint of coldness and regret.

Jennie's eyes widened in shock, and her strained voice trembled as she responded, "I won't be a slave again. I won't endure that pain once more."

The tension in the room escalated, and a fierce conversation unfolded.

"Let me go please! I don't even know how I came here." She pleaded.

"No it can't be possible. I have a rule here. The captives will always stay here for the rest of their lives unless they want to die for freedom." Jisoo glared at her.

Jennie felt an unknown feeling rise up in her chest. She looked away in fear. Still she didn't backed off.

"I'm not going to be a slave here. I demand my freedom!" She roared at Jisoo.