Barbary Coast

Author's POV

Lisa, Rosé and remaining crew members paddled their boat for several days in the treacherous sea without food and water. They started to become weaker day by day.

"We can't stop now. They must be taking Jisoo and others to the Barbary coast. If we hurry now, maybe we will be able to arrived there before them." Lisa suggested as others agreed to her.

Rosé almost lost her sense as she was starved for days now. Not even drinking water, killing her. Lisa understand it. She always give Rosé worried glances. Yet there's nothing she could do at that moment. Constantly paddling for 5 days, they reached the Barbary Coast at night. There's lot of watch towers, to avoid the British army, they decided to infiltrate the port from the back. Hiding in shadows, being extra cautious, finally they get inside the hustling city.

"Listen everyone! I want you all to divide into groups. If we stick together it would be a problem. After 3 nights, we all will meet up here. All of you need to gather information." Lisa commanded.

They made a group of three people, total for three groups. Since they are in odd number, Lisa decided to take Rosé with her. The reason for taking her is completely opposite, cause she wants to protect her. Rosé was quite surprised that Lisa choose her as a teammate.

"Why?" Rosé asked.

Lisa walking ahead of her in a dark narrow alley.

"You are not habituated with this kind of situations. If you stayed with others and get caught, you are the first one spill information about us." Lisa said coldly.

Nonetheless Rosé smiled slightly at Lisa's concern. Maybe she sounds cold yet, her intentions are pure.

*******

Back on Fred's ship, Jennie, spared from further harassment due to the witch's intervention.

"You will not touch her. This is an order." The old witch warned Fred.

"Why the fuck do I need to---"

"Shut the fuck up! It's an order." She angrily said.

Fred didn't protested after that. Apparently Jennie found out, the witch is Fred's aunt. She do blackmagic. Jennie still needed to face different kind of torment. Tasked with responsibilities by Fred's crew, failure resulted in brutal beatings.

"Is this how you cook!?" The cook slapped her hard.

"I tried my best!" Jennie glared, as the tears come out.

"Stop glaring filthy bitch!" He grabbed her hand before putting it in the boiling water.

Jennie screamed in agony, but nothing fazed him.

Another time she was assigned to clean the chamber pots. She hold herself back from puking as she was cleaning it until two pirates came in.

"Look whose here! Hey slut wanna have some fun?" One of them teased her while touching her hair.

As she moved aside protesting, "Stop it fuckers!"

One of them pushed her on the dirty floor before pissing on her. She felt disgusted. She puked before running in her own small shitty cabin, trying to scrape off her own skin to get rid off the smell, and dirtiness. The relentless cycle of abuse pushed Jennie to the brink of despair. In a moment of desperation, she attempted to end her life.

At a fine night when others were sleeping she took out a kitchen knife that she took other day from the kitchen.

"No one is gonna come to save me. I wish I didn't went to the bookshop that day. I can't escape until I die." She mumbled to herself before slitting her left wrist vein deeply.

As the blood comes out, she turn around to jumped off in the raging sea, only to be saved by a crew member who, rather than showing compassion, subjected her to further punishment. Jennie was nurtured yet again, pushed into punishment of flogging forty times with no food for four days.

"We will go to Barbary Coast first before going back to Nassau. I already sensed that the silver locket maybe there." The witch informed shortly before leaving Jennie on her own.

Jennie thought, 'Why is she after that locket? There must be something dark and powerful in it.'

******

On the British Navy vessel, Jisoo and her crew endured relentless torture at the hands of their captors. Each day blurred into a painful repetition of physical and mental torment. Their anguish, however, reached a turning point as they heard that they are going to Barbary Coast. The officers, preparing to transfer the captives to a local jail for eventual trial.

"We are approaching Barbary Coast Captain." Ben said, upon overhearing the conversation of two soldiers.

"Great. It's our time." Jisoo said, motioned others to come close.

All of them are tattered. Jisoo already planned out their escape.

"We will be free by the night. As we get off the ship, be ready. I'll attack one of them and fight. We need to hurry. Before they do anything, we will kill some them and leave. I must say, make your own groups and stick with them. If we run together they might catch us easily. Split in different directions." Jisoo told her plan as others agreed as well.

They arrived at night in Barbary Coast. As Jisoo and her fellow pirates were escorted off the ship, she seized a moment of vulnerability. With a burst of defiance, she attacked the officers, instigating chaos in a daring bid for freedom. Jisoo kicked one of the guards before grabbing his gun. She shot him straight on the head before breaking the chain with another bullet. Whilst others did the same. More guards started to come towards them. Jisoo trying to fight off the most.

"Get away from here! I'll cover." Jisoo shouted at her crew.

No one wanted to leave their captain alone. Jisoo yelled again, telling them to leave. One by one starting to run with hesitancy. A few pirates were shot down by the guards.

"Jisoo get out of here. We are outnumbered. They will capture us again. We can't risk your life." Ben said pushing her towards the dark alley.

Jisoo refused, "No! I can't do that. I have the responsibility."

"Fuck that! It's not the time. Go now please!" Ben pleaded.

Jisoo was about to protest, as two more pirates were killed. Ben shot down a guard before grabbing Jisoo's hand running towards the alley.

"Ben stop it! Just leave me here and go!" Jisoo repeated again.

"No Jisoo!" He released her hand as they crossed a rusty gate.

Before he could say anything, a bullet hit his head. Jisoo couldn't help but shrieked in surprise. Few guards were coming towards her, she needed to leave, not before promising herself to take revenge.

"I'll take revenge from each of you!" She said, still running aimlessly, as the tears of anger rolled down her cheeks.

_________________________________________