Setting Sail

Author's POV

The sun cast its golden hues over the shores of Nassau as the Crimson Tempest, fully recovered and laden with provisions, prepared to set sail once again. Jisoo, her stern demeanor concealing the emotions that churned beneath the surface, ordered her crew to ready the ship for departure.

As the crew members bustled about, loading necessary supplies and ensuring the ship was in optimal condition, Jisoo found herself drawn to Jennie. After confession, they didn't had the time to sit together or go out. The obvious work pressure pushed them apart.

"Hey, need help?" Jisoo asked approaching Jennie, feeling nervous again.

Jisoo was sweating a lot because of the scorching heat. She wiped her forehead. Sweat rolling down from her neck disappearing in the cleavage. Jennie gulped, found her alluring.

"Eyes up here kiddo." Jisoo smiled, teasing her.

Jennie blushed red, as she looked away. She tried to pull up a heavy wooden crate, she failed. Jisoo shook her head before taking it from her hand. They both walked down to storage room. Jisoo put the crate, turning to Jennie.

"You look tired. Take some rest." Jisoo offered.

"No I'm okay." Jennie denied.

Jisoo huffed, as she noticed a cut on Jennie's forearm. She hold her hand, checking it closely.

"How the hell did it happened?" Jisoo immediately took out her handkerchief before wrapping it around Jennie's wrist.

Jennie was too stunned to talk. She admired Jisoo with a slight smile. It made her heart flutter. She always thought Jisoo was incapable of showing  soft sides. Her getting worried about Jennie being hurt, something new. All of a sudden Jennie put her index finger in between Jisoo's frowning eyebrows, to ease the tension.

"Stop it. You are looking too cute." As soon as those words comes out of Jennie's mouth, she covered her face, jerked away from Jisoo.

Jisoo felt her face heat up. No one ever called her cute.

"Ahm I'm sorry. I-I will go now!" Without waiting for reply, Jennie run out of the room.

"It's... okay." Jisoo mumbled staring at the open door.

Jennie on the other hand, smacked her forehead.

"God damn! Have you gone out of your mind!? How can you call her cute all of a sudden?" She said to herself.

'Oh shut up! You like her. What's wrong in calling her cute?'

"Will YOU shut up? Stop bothering me. It's embarrassing." She scolded her inner self.

'You are being an idiot.'

"Fuck off--"

"AHHHHH!! SAIL THE SHIP! SAIL THE SHIP!!!!" Jennie startled by the yelling.

Other pirates were confused as well. Jisoo also came out of the storage room going towards the edge to see, Lisa was running towards the ship like a mad woman, behind her was Rosé who looks the same. A crowd armed with weapons chased them, their shouts echoing through the air. The crew, sensing trouble, rallied to protect their fellow members.

"MAKE WAY FOR US!" Lisa yelled again.

Without thinking much Jisoo ordered some of the pirates to cover Lisa. In a flurry of action, the crew members formed a defensive line, blocking the path of the pursuers. The ship's departure hung in the balance as Lisa and Rosé, panting but unharmed, reached the safety of the Crimson Tempest. When the ship came a bit far from the sea shore, Jisoo turned to the panting duo on the wooden floor.