Chapter 6

Sorry for the switch of POV so much but I wanted to make the chapter longer.

"JoJo?" Her voice trailed off as she touched my bare back. Her warm fingers left my skin tingling. She pushed me back and sat in my lap. I don't know where all this is coming from, and honestly i didn't want it to stop but I knew she wasn't in her right mind. Her feelings where everywhere.

"Aubrey please stop. You know this is not going to make you feel better. I'm your best friend, please stop." I plea. It was hard having her like this. I felt my control slipping away slowly the longer she sat on my lap.

"But i like you..." She mumbles out playing with her fingers. My heartbeat escalated at her confession. I've been waiting a year and a half for her to tell me this and now I feel like she's lying because of what happened earlier. If what happened earlier didn't happen she'll still be stuck on that fuck nigga.

"No you don't. You're hurt right now. Don't...don't do this..." I trailed off. I picked her up out of my lap and sat her on the couch as I made my way up the stairs. I might as well take a shower since her perfume was all over me and it was driving me crazy. 

The hot water beat down on my body as my mind raced. Ill be damned if I fall in love with her. I cant fall in love with her. We been friends for almost six years. Six long years. Six years I've watched her grow up and fill out and damn she filled out good. From a chubby seventh grader to curves for days, she caught eyes for sure. A knock on the door made me jump.

"Um..yeah Aubrey?"

"Its me Joshua. We're back." My mom calls through the door. "Can you come to my room when you're done?" I tell her yeah and continue with my shower. Maybe rejecting Aubrey wasn't the best way to go about making her feel better. I just don't want her to play with either of our feelings.

Climbing out of the shower i wrap a towel around my waist and open the bathroom door. Making my way to my room i run into someone. Grabbing the person by their waist, I instantly regretted it as i pulled them to my chest. I look down at a wide eyed Aubrey looking at the water dripping from my exposed chest.

"Um..Can you let me go?" I slowly let my arms fall and make my way to my room. Changing into some basketball shorts and a wife beater I head to my moms room ready to hear her mouth. 

"Yeah mom?" I ask after i knock on the door. 

"So what happened? Did you try to have sex with her?" I mugged my mom hard. She really thought it was because of sex? If it was only so simple. I told her what happened from the mall till she came back.  "Aw! My poor baby!" she pulled me into a hug. 

"Ma im fine." I say as i shrug her off me. I didn't need pity right now.

"Please go talk to her. I honestly think she likes you she just doesn't want to admit it. You guys have been friends for a while. Its no way you guys don't have some feelings for each other."

"And what if that messes up our friendship? She's my best friend ma!"

"And best friends make the best couples. Just try it baby. I'm sure you guys will go right back to being friends if it doesn't work." Maybe she's right. I mean we cant throw six years of friendship away. At least I hope not. Making my way into the guest room where Aubrey was i walked in without knocking. Turning towards the door I ask.

"You got on clothes right?"

"Yeah" Her voice floated from behind me. Letting out a breath i was holding i went and sat in front of her blocking her view of the TV that was playing.

"Alright look" I  get comfortable on the bed "What was that earlier?" I watched her bite her lip and play with her fingers. She was nervous. Every time she played with her fingers she was nervous, or thinking.