Chapter 13

It was finally July which means its time for my orientation. I guess Josh and I were doing good. We dont talk much since hes been in Mobile. I honestly hate that he went off to school. I miss my besfriend. Since Mobile was a 3 hour drive from my house, my dad and I stayed in an hotel. Josh's mom tagged along too since she claimed she missed him. Picking up my phone, I dialed Joshs number. After it seems like forever, he finally answered.

"Hey Ari" 

"Hey JoJo! You know to-" Before I could finish what I was going to say he cut me off

"Hey baby let me call you back!" And just like that, the phone hung up.

"Yeah sure...call me back. Wasnt like i missed you or anything..." I mumble as I get myself together for orientation. I flat ironed my hair so it was straight for today. Surprisingly, it wasnt too hot today to that was good. I put on my high waisted leggings, with a flowy boxer crop top. I slipped on my black high top vans and grabbed my cross body bag. Going into he bathroom, I did some simple make-up and finishing it off with a clear gloss on my lips. Looking myself over once more i turn to leave the bathroom only to stop to see my dad staring at me.

"Dad that s creepy.."

"Im sorry pumpkin...its just my baby girl isnt a baby anymore..." I watched him get teary eyed as he pulled me into a hug. Hes been like this the whole trip. 

"Ill always be your little girl daddy." I kiss him on the cheek and walk around him to leave out of our hotel room. I felt him follow me as I made my way next door to Josh's mom room. I knocked on the door and it opened reveling her in a simple white t-shirt tucked into her long lenin pants. her feet sported some simple gold sandals while her hair hung down her back and light make up adorned her face.

"Look at you! You look so cute! When we get back you have to teach me how to do my eyebrows!" She exclaimed looking over my brows. They took the most time and I took pride in how good they look. I nodded as she made sure her door was locked. We all walked down to the elevator waiting for i to get onto our floor. 

"Aubrey, honey, have you spoken with Joshua this morning?" I bit my lip and shook my head no. I didnt really want to talk about him right now. We made our way onto the elevator as she twisted up her lips.

"That damn boy is going to make me slap the taste out his mouth!" She grumbled making me slightly giggle. Once we reach the ground level, we make our way to my dads truck. I gladly hop in the back. I think ive had enough of my dads teary eyes for a while. It was a short drive to the school. I hopped out and smelled the scent of fresh cut grass. It was pretty empty since no one was walking around. Just hella parked cars. We headed into the student center and it was buzzing with parents and new students. I felt a grin come across my face as i saw all the commotion. I was so ready to start school here. New opportunities, new friends, new everything. I was especially excited to meet my roommate since we had the same orientation date.  I made my way to check ins and went were they directed us to go. Not long after sitting in a ballroom they had i got a text 

Roomie: Hey boo! Im here! where are you?

"Ayyyyy" i bucked a little sticking my tongue out. I texted her back telling her where I was and waited on her to find me. While I waited my dad and Joshs mother joined me. 

"Ive never been to one of these...they mad Josh schedule and stuff for him." She explained excited. Speaking of Josh, I decide to text him. 

What are you doing today?

I stared at my phone waiting for the three dots to pop up but they never did. I sighed and locked my phone when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and squealed when I saw it was my roommate. We hugged like we were long lot bestfriends. Sasha was my roommate for the year and they couldnt have matched us better. We were different but we matched so well. Her parents came over and they started to get to know my dad and Josh's mom. By the time we all got to know eachoher it was time for us to split up and go to our small groups.