Chapter 5

Aubrey POV

Maybe I was over reacting. Maybe I wasn't. I was so confused. I just wanted to know what the problem was with Joshua. He had a date and so did I. Its not fair for him to like me and keep me from dating who i please while he's out doing him.

I ring the doorbell to Fred's apartment and tighten my jacket. It was the end of February and it was still cold. I wish it would hurry up and warm up. I hated the cold but I hated when it was too hot. Yes i,m confusing like that.

Fred opens the door and l step in grateful for the heat blasting in the apartment. I drop my coat on the couch and go to see her mom. After doing my hello i run up to Fred's room.

"So whats up? Why am i being summoned?" I ask as i sit in her desk chair.

"I need you to go shopping with me." I looked at her side eyed.

"Why..?" I ask cautiously.

"I.." she stopped and played with her fingers.

"Well?"

"I want to get Carmen a promise ring." She mumbled.

"You want to do what my nigga?" I ask leaning closer to her to make sure I heard right.

"I wanna give her a promise ring!"

"Fred you act like you going off to school somewhere. Y'all literally gone be five minutes away!" I say texting Caleb back "Probably learning the same shit." i mumble as a smile crept on my face. Damn him!

"Still I love her and i gotta let people know she mines." I looked out the corner of my eye at her and sighed. Who am i to tell her what she needed? I didn't feel what she felt so why not? And i do know a little some some bout jewelry.

"Fine! When we going?"

"Now" I look up to her putting on shoes. This bitch.

"Could have told me i needed to get cute for the mall. Got me looking basic."She looked me over.

"Nah you good." I rolled my eyes and hoped down the stairs to get my jacket. She could have told me this on the phone. And i could have put on a better shirt. Sighing I slipped on my jacket and grabbed my phone and keys. Making my way to my car i started it up and cut on the heat. Even though I loved shopping i wasn't in the mood for it.

"Can i invite Josh?" Fred asked me cautiously. I shrug my shoulders

"I don't care." I honestly didn't care. Me and Josh had these arguments all the time. He'll get over it. Fred got on her phone as i pulled out of her apartment parking lot.

Ten minutes later i was at the mall and parked. Turns out Josh was happy to come and we were waiting on him to text one of us. I started to scroll through Instagram while waiting. I stopped at a picture Caleb posted. It was a WCW. picture.