11

Scott's POV

I had a pounding headache and I feel something running down my face. I put my hand up to were it was running from and when I checked my hand it was blood. I had set off my emergency button on my phone.

I don't know how long I was waiting for but everything was getting cold and I could hardly keep my eyes open. I heard the truck's coming and I started coughing up blood.

TK's POV

Tommy had sent me too check up on the patient and when I got there I saw Scott up side down. I pulled out my flashlight and got a better look at him "Scott it's me TK can you hear me?" He stretched out his arm towards me and I grabbed his hand "it's nice too know you came to my rescue". He started coughing and I saw the blood I told him I'll be right back I walked up to Tommy "how's the patient?" I looked back towards the car "Scott's coughing up a lot of blood, nice deep cut on his cheek and forehead but he's responding". Tommy went to talk with dad and I went back to Scott "I'm back!" I got on the ground "thought you might have forgotten about me?" I had a smile on my face "you're to important to me to forget". I could see a smile on his lips "I wish I hadn't of walked out on you TK". I grabbed his hand "I'm right here". I saw Scott fighting to keep his eyes open "in the end I've lost everything I held dear to my heart" I watched Scott fight to catch his breath "but I tried and in the end I did" there was a long pause before he said anything "I wish I had somebody but at least I've got you he…re" I start to push Scott in his shoulder "Scott!" I got up "we're losing him!"

I watch the team as they got him out and he didn't have a pulse do I jumped up on the stretcher and started CPR. I was trying my best to get a pulse back everyone was just watching me some tired to stop me but every time they tired I would just go back to doing it.

I had gotten back a pulse thankfully and he was in emergency surgery. I was just sitting there with my knee bouncing up and down. Everyone keeps checking in on me asking how I am and I tell them I'm fine the only person who could get me to open up is Scott.

Scott's been out of emergency surgery for a hour now and I'm only allowed to be in here now with him. I was sitting in the chair next to him holding his hand the doctor told me there's a 50/50 chance that he'll wake up or not. I'm just so upset "I'm mad upset at you Scott I'm mad at you for walking out of my life and I'm mad at you for not telling me how you felt sooner and I'm upset with you because if I had known sooner maybe we could have spent more time together". I ran my hand down his face just to see how mess up his face really is.

I had gone to the fire house had a shower and got changed for Scott so I didn't look like a mess. When I got into the hospital I saw the doctor with him and my heart skipped a beat. I walked in to see the doctor taking notes "how is he doctor?" I put my bag down "he's made some improvement and I don't understand how he's doing it". I looked at Scott "it's because I've been here talking to him about some what if's". The doctor had a sad smile on his face "so you must be Tyler Kennedy Strand correct?" I nodded my head confused "on his paperwork it says your his emergency contact and his partner". I was shocked at what I was hearing "are you his partner?" I just sat down "right not my business I'll let yous talk".

I had spent the whole night with Scott just laying on his bed in his arms and it felt like home. I had just gotten some breakfast to see the doctor remove the tube from his throat. I gave Scott a kiss on the forehead and took my seat "your dad said you would be here". I looked over at Carlos "your dad told me how you hopped up onto the stretcher to try and save him". Carlos took a seat beside me "TK you scared me I had to go ask around to find out you're here". I looked over at TK "I owe it to him". Carlos grabbed my hand "no you owe it to me because I'm your partner and you should come home baby". Carlos pulled me up out of the chair and took me home.

At night I was laying in bed with Carlos but it doesn't feel like how it does with Scott. I got out of bed and took a seat on the couch think about Scott had how everything I do I haven't felt like it should. I knew Carlos standing to the right of me "how is it when he shows up in our lives you always leave me?" I looked up at Carlos "what do you mean I leave you?" He just rolled his eyes at me "everytime he's here you're somewhere else either your head, the station or at your dad's!" I was done fighting with him so I just went to the spear bedroom too sleep.

I got up early because I had a shift and plus I didn't want to see Carlos. I grabbed my bag and left the apartment heading to work so I could take my mind off of everything.

After a couple of good calls it was time for everyone to try and get some sleep but I was just sitting on the couch just thinking.