Chapter 13 : Tensions before the Dance

The following days had been nothing but terribly annoying for not only Thanatos but his clone as well. Thanks to Ruby who had revealed to both her teammates and JNPR that he had a girlfriend, he had been bothered none stop by a lot of students... directly or not.

It was not the first time he was the subject of gossip but he had not missed it one bit ! He knew who was the true culprit of the rumors and planned to take revenge on her as soon as possible. Ruby, he could forgive being young and innocent but her sister ?

Heck NO !

Many girls in Beacon had been heartbroken by the news and it was during that moment that he discovered the existence of a Club of Fangirls ! Back in his home Universe, he had fan-girls as well (Ginny Weasley as the most obvious one) and he grew wary of them.

However, it became worse when he also learned of the bet they made ! Yang had apparently hid the fact his girlfriend was not Human but a Faunus and so many were thinking that he was with Pyrrha !

A shiver passed through his body as he remembered the TALK he had with Blanche when she heard about this. Of course, in the end, everything went back to normal... at least in Beacon.

In the Underworld, it was another story...

After Amber's arrival, Thanatos tried to say it wasn't true and all but she wasn't buying it so in the end, he had no choice but to reveal that he INDEED had a girlfriend. Needless to say that the Fall Maiden was OVERJOYED for him while asking him all kind of question about the other girl who managed to do the impossible...

Taming Death...

It was the most embarrassing moment of his existence as Amber had now another reason to tease him none stop. Of course, he knew the perfect way to make her stop : by threatening her forbidden entrance to the Library. Amber quickly begged him to not do it while promising to not tease him again... or at least not too much.

After that, other things happened : the arrival of James Ironwood and his army on Beacon's ground. When Harry saw them, he sent a psychic message to Thanatos who in turn, went to see Salem to tell her the news.

The Queen of Grimm had been pleased once he finished his report and called Arthur and Tyrian so they could now resume their research for the remaining Relic now that the Good General wasn't there to bother them.

Apart of that, Weiss grieved for her dead father once the news of his death reached her. Even Blake offered her her condolences despite her not being a fan of Jacques Schnee. Weiss's mother, Willow, had then shocked her daughter by taking back the rein of the company.

The change was both surprising and controverted. Why ? Because the moment she took charge, Willow Schnee changed the Company's policy about their Faunus Workers : in fact, they were no more treated as dirt but as normal people with respectable pays and everything.

Jacques' business partners were all outraged by the change and severed all ties with the actual Schnee Dust Company. Willow then did something unbelievable : she used the media to openly apologize to every Faunus, especially those who previously worked in the Mines , for their treatment under her husband's tyranny.

Many people had been taken aback by the action especially Faunus-kind as they didn't expected a SCHNEE to do such thing...

Weiss had been very shocked by her mother's actions but she felt proud as now, thanks to Willow, things might be better for the Schnee and their reputation will not be tainted anymore. Harry/Thanatos congratulated himself for that as it was mostly thanks to him and the curse he implanted in the former CEO of the SDC.