Chapter 1: In The Midst Of People Unknown

"Hey! Do you not see!? This apple is not for free!"The vendor yelled as he pushed the boy away from his fruits

The vendor yelled as he pushed the boy away from his fruits.

The boy had dirty clothes on which barely covered him and his hair so long and messy that they covered his soulless eyes.
He managed to pick up an apple despite that and ran.

"Hey! Thief! Catch him!"

The boy ran and ran. He ran across the market all the way to a dark alley where he hid himself from others. The apple was half rotten. Dirty.

Yet he munched on it like an untamed wild beast. Whether it tasted good or bad- he did not care. His body which was all bones needed something desperately.
That was when a man entered the dark alley.

The boy was only focused on his rotten apple.

"Child, don't eat that", the man said as he crouched down in front of the boy and forwarded a ripe and juicy apple to him.

The boy looked at it. Then immediately snatched it away from the man's hands. He bit the apple like an absolute mad man.

"Ah... you were very hungry I see.", the man smiled gently.
"Do you want to have food for yourself everyday?"

The boy stopped. His apple was more than half finished alreday. But he stopped eating and looked at the man revealing his purple-blue eyes which were hidden under his blue hair.

"Would you like to join Circus Lucida?", the man asked.

"Cir..cus...", the boy finally spoke.

"Yes. It's a house full of children like you. There are adults and there are orphans. A home where everyone is family."

"Who... are you?", the boy asked the man.

The man smiled.

"I am the father of everyone of my children in Circus Lucida."

"Your children?..."

"Anyone who is a part of  Circus Lucida is my child", the man said and got up. He forwarded his hand to the starving boy.
"Would you also like to become my child?"

The boy reached out for the man's hand . The man smiled. "What is your  name my child?"

"But... I have no name", the boy replied.

"Then I shall give you one", the man continued, "you shall be known as the wanderer. And your name henceforth will be Scaramouche."

And just like that, Scaramouche was picked up from the streets by this so called father. But To him, the man was nothing less than a father. No one had ever shown him any kindness before. No one had given him anything to eat before. No one had called him a child before.

And more than anything, no one had given him a home.

He had nothing. Nothing at all-

The man brought Scaramouche to Circus Lucida.