Chapter 18: Seal Of Love

Life Blooms Like A Flower

Far AwayOr By The Road

Waiting For The One

To Find The way Back home

Diluc and Heizou searched everywhere they could. The sweat dripped down from their faces from exhaustion.
They kept on asking around the city if they had seen Lyney.

But no one seemed to have seen him.

"Where in the world... did he dissapear..", Diluc said with a worried tone.
Heizou couldn't even properly breath anymore.

"Heizou, are you alright!?", Diluc held his hand.

"I... have to find him...", Heizou said as he hyperventilated. "I must... not let this end like this..."
"Heizou you are not okay... go back to the Circus. I promise I'll find him for you so please just listen to-", Heizou made Diluc stop speaking and looked at him directly in the eye.

"No... I won't go back without Lyney", he said and pushed Diluc away. "I can stand on my own... don't concern yourself about me"

"Heizou...", Diluc looked at him and then a calm expression appeared on his face. "I understand... let's look at other places that we've missed."

_

Time Flows Across The World...
There Is Always A Longer Way To Go
Till I Reach Your Arms...
A Madder There... For You
_

Heizou and Diluc once again looked everywhere. The petals flew in the air and the winds seemed to carry a song along with it.
_

You Will See Petals Fly
When Lament Becomes Carols
Could You Please hear My voice
That Hungers... For A Duo
_

"Diluc! We haven't yet checked the place near the Court!"

"You are right... come on- let's go fast." Diluc said and the two rushed with all they had.

"Lyney... please be there...", Heizou prayed with all his heart.

_

The wind blew and rustled the boy's hair as he stood by the edge of the bridge. The hat he always wore was now lying on the ground beneath his feet. He looked at the horizon and sang

"Life Blooms... Like A Flower...
Whithers Away... With Time It Flows...
Why Wait For Someone...
When The Truth Is Yet Untold..."

The tears gently rolled down his face as he leaned forward at the edge.

"I Don't Deserve To Reach Your Arms...
There Is No Way... That leads To You..."

He took a step forward to jump down.

"STOP!!!"

The boy paused.

He turned around and came face to face with the tears stained face of Heizou.

"Heizou...?", the boy couldn't believe his eyes. "Why...?"

Heizou's tears flowed out like an endless river as he looked at Lyney.
"What do you mean why... why were you about to...jump down from there!? Who told you to sing songs like that... the Lyney I know would never do that!"

He ran and hugged Lyney. He hugged him tightly and cried his heart out.

"H... Heizou...?"

"Please Lyney!... I don't hate you... I am sorry... For behaving like that..."

Lyney's tears too wouldn't stop. "No Heizou... it was all my fault... don't forgive me... I don't deserve to be forgiven anymore..."

Heizou held Lyney's face and looked at him in the eye. "Fine! I won't forgive you... and your punishment will be to stay by my side forever!"

Lyney's eyes widened.

"Love me... hate me... whatever you do... you must not leave me", Heizou said and fell down on the ground.

"Heizou!?", Lyney held him with a worried hurry.

"Haven't we both suffered enough Lyney?... Not anymore... I cant take this anymore... it hurts so much... I feel like my heart is being tormented every second. It does not feel okay... I was an idiot... for believing in someone else's love. I am sorry... for not looking at you... please give me another chance to love you back... just as much as you loved me", Heizou said with every bit of emotion he had.

Lyney couldn't hold back at all. He tightly held Heizou and embraced him in his warmth. "You are the one giving me a chance here Heizou... I am sorry... I won't make you suffer anymore... I promise... To love you"

A little away behind the walls, Diluc stood leaning against the wall. But even someone who appears as cold and distant as him couldn't hold back his emotions. He rubbed his eyes and gave a soft smile.
"Tears?... How long has it been since I've teared up..."

Heizou and Lyney stayed in each other's embrace for a long time until their tears finally found a pause.

Heizou again held Lyney's face gently and looked up at his eyes. It was different from before. Lyney tucked Heizou's hair behind his ears. The wind blew yet again and carried rainbow rose petals with it everywhere.

This time the two yet again sealed their promises of love- with a gentle kiss.

"I promise to never hurt you again Heizou ", Lyney said and tightly held his hands.

_

Things got a lot better after that incident.

All the piled up misunderstandings had been cleared out between the two. All the broken pieces of their hearts slowly started to tie back together into one.

"And just like that all the drama ended...", Scara said and sat down on the bed with a sigh.

"You don't sound too happy about that", Kazuha said.

Scara looked at Kazuha and then proceeded to sigh again. "I was looking forward to more"

Kazuha smiled. "You have been getting bad at lying "

Scara's face immediately turned red out of embarrassment. "Wh- what did you say!?"

Kazuha went closer and said, "At the end you actually started to worry about those two, didn't you?"

Scara didn't reply back.

Kazuha smiled. "It may not look like it but I observe you more than you think I do"

"That sounds wrong", Scara said with a red face hidden behind his make believe carefree expression.

"Is that so? Then how do I make it sound right?", Kazuha asked with a smirk.

"Jeez- just let me get some proper sleep tonight", Scaramouche said and laid down on the bed. He immediately covered himself entirely with the blankets and Kazuha smiled yet again.

"Sure... good night Scara-"

_________________________________________

A/N: Was the song a bad choice 😅 I actually did put some thought into it and was like- "it's a Hoyoverse song. Why not!?😂"

The chapter was just feeling incomplete without the song...