chapter 22: Morning

"Say

"Say... its way past 8 am. Why are those two still asleep?", Mona asked as she was doing her morning stretches.

"Yesterday's performance was tiring. Maybe they just havent completed their sleep yet", Nilou replied.

"But Kazuha has never been late to wake up ever before.", Fischl said and got up. "Shall I go and wake them up?"

"Nope. I'll do that!", Diona said.

"Leave them be for today", Diluc said. But refused to further elaborate the intent of his words.

"I agree. Let them have proper rest. Breakfast wont be ready till 9 am. Another hour of sleep wont hurt them", Beidou said.
_

Kazuha slowly opened his eyes. The light was not blinding. He could easily look at the sleeping face of Scara. He looked so peacefully asleep.

Just as he was busy admiring Scara, scara also opened his eyes. The moment the two looked into each others eyes, their faces became red with embarrassment.

"About yesterday....", Kazuha said and broke the silence,"Its better to not think about that right now"

Scara couldn't even say anything.

Only the images of Kazuha's tears and echoes of his voice kept on ringing in his mind. "Kazuha are you... really alright?"

Kazuha smiled very softly. "I was fine. Although... my back might hurt a bit today"

"See! I told you! I ended up hurting you afterall!", Scara said and sat up on the bed with a feeling of uncertainty in his heart and mind.

Kazuha also sat up and hugged Scara.

"K...ka...Kazuha?"

"I let you do anything you want with me yesterday. So tonight, I hope I will get the exact same opportunity as you got yesterday "

Scara felt his heart beating like crazy. He was so red that he had to take a moment to calm himself. "I... dont mind being in either position..."

Kazuha suddenly started laughing on seeing Scara's flustered face. "Come on. We both woke up quite late today. Let's get fresh"

"O..okay"
_

On seeing Kazuha and Scara finally walk out of their tents, Lyney gave the biggest possible smirk.

Heizou saw that and whispered into Lyney's ears, "you know, next month I will also be 18"

That was the last thing Lyney was expecting to hear. His whole entire face became ready to explode.
"Y..you... you tease me like there's no tomorrow!"

Heizou gave a grin filled with notorious intentions. "I enjoy seeing that flustered face of yours", he replied with content.

"Seriously... Nowadays I cant even enjoy some peaceful tea time", Lynette said and sighed. "I need desserts"

Things in the Circus were very lively the entire day.

And the excitement of soon shifting to Sumeru was also in the hearts of everyone.

In the middle of the day at around the time after lunch, Their Father gave him another unexpected visit.

He didn't do much other than spending some time with them. He heard about their joy and difficulties with kind eyes.

Their Father... Maybe Venti really was overthinking about him.
But at the same time, he never let his guard down.

At the end, as Father was about to leave, he again looked at Venti. "My child, our conversation was still due, was it not? It would pain me to not have your company with me. How about us having a proper talk tomorrow?"

Venti replied immediately.  "Sure Father"

He knew that avoiding a direct confrontation with father was not the correct way to get rid of the feeling on uneasiness within him.

But Scara somehow acted strange on hearing that. He was afterall the only person who knew about Venti's midnight ventures. But the expression on his face... was almost as if he regretted something.

At night, Xiao directly decided to speak with Venti.

"Venti, there is no doubt in my mind that you've been hiding something from me. And... I dont want to force you to say it. But if it's something that has been disturbing your peace of mind-"

"Whatever gave you that idea Xiao- Haha", Venti suddenly said and started laughing as he sat down on the bed.

A laugh that failed to hide from Xiao his worries.

"Stop this Venti..."

Venti paused. The smile on his face almost immediately disappeared.

"Why?", Venti asked.

"Huh?"

"Why can I not just simply say it to you... it's because I like you Xiao"

It seemed as if the entire time came to a standstill for Xiao. Did Venti really just say that to him!?

"And because of that Xiao I-"

Venti was about to say something when Scara suddenly barged into their tent.

"Huh? Scara...?"

Scara was breathing unsteadily. A look of panic on his face and his eyes with a certain fear.

"Venti... We need to talk", Scara said.

Xiao looked at Scara and then at Venti. "What is all this about...?"

Scara didn't reply to Xiao. He held Venti's hand and dragged him out of the tent immediately.

"Scara wait- what's gotten into you all of a sudden!?"

"There is no time for small talk. Venti... don't meet Father tomorrow "

"No... I have to face him now. I have already made up my mind"

"No no you still dont get it!"

"Then explain what I dont get!", Venti yelled.

Scara became silent. He let go of Venti's hand. "If you face father tomorrow... be careful"

"Wait a min... Scaramouche..."

"Huh... dont call me by my full name", Scara said with a little discomfort.

"No wait... are you actually worried for me!?", Venti asked with a surprised face.

"... so what if I am!? FINE I'LL NOT BE WORRIED THEN!"

Scara tried to walk off but Venti didn't let him go.

"You know Scara... do you also suspect something odd about father by any chance?", Venti asked with a serious tone in his voice.

Scara took a nervous gulp and looked at Venti.

"Listen Scara... if you know something about him... tell me"

_________________________________________