Chapter 28: Never Truely Die

"Are you sure it's not hurting!?"

Heizou gave a smile. "Yes Lyney. Now stop worrying... jeez... see I can even lift my arm- ouch", it still hurted Heizou when he tried to lift his arm.

Lyney got even more concerned.

But the doctors reassured him that Heizou's recovery was inevitable.

"And can you walk now Diluc?", Fischl asked.

"I can. The rehab has started already. So I should be able to walk normally once again soon enough. ", Diluc replied.

Both Diona and Sayu were crying in the arms of Nilou.

"Wahhh! We are sorry Nilou. You tried to protect us and got so injured!"

But Nilou still had that kind smile spread across her face. "I will recover very fast. The doctors themselves said that right?"

Everyone was right now gathered in the hospital.

"The government is willing to pay for the medical Bill. But since we are grown adults, we must find a job. Lying in some orphanage is the last thing we should think about", Beidou said.

Everyone agreed.

Suddenly a doctor came to them and said-
"He... has finally woken up"

The moment he said that everyone gasped.

Xiao got up and rushed to his room.

Everyone followed after him.

Xiao ran past everyone and barged into Venti's room. His eyes shook as they fell on Venti who was sitting on his bed looking out of the window.

"Venti...."

Venti looked at Xiao. "Xiao... you are here..."

Xiao ran and immediately hugged Venti.

Everyone else entered the room right away and swarmed around Venti.

"You idiot! Why did you sleep for an entire week straight huh!?", Mona yelled with tears. Everyone was genuinely worried for Venti.

"We were all very scared...", Sayu said and held Venti's hand.

Venti gave a soft smile.

"Everyone of you is here right? Then... why dont you turn the lights on?"

"Huh?", Xiao let go of Venti and took a closer look at his eyes.

"Come on... its so dark here... I cant see any of you",  Venti said with a chuckle.  "Is this a prank on me? Is it cause I took too long to recover? "

Tears ran down Xiao's face.

"Huh? Everyone? Why wont anyone turn on the lights?", Venti said yet again.

Everyone else also understood the situation. The doctor came from behind and gave a sorrowful expression. "We tried our best. But... this one thing was not in our hands"

Almost instantly Venti stopped speaking. He gave a gentle smile. He himself understood the situation and smiled.
"Ahh... so that's it... I can't... see anymore"

"Venti...", Sayu mumbled with tears.

"Dont worry. I am fine. Is everyone else alright? No one is hurt right?", Venti asked and his hands searched for everyone.

Heizou held his hand and spoke,"yes... everyone is alright..."

Kaeya and Diluc held back their tears.

Even Beidou could not give a smile to liven up the atmosphere.

They had won against their fates.

But at what cost?...