Chapter 3: Performance

"Ladies and gentlemen!", a voice echoed in the darkness

"Ladies and gentlemen!", a voice echoed in the darkness. Suddenly, the spot light fell on Venti as he stood in the very centre of the stage with a wand in his hand.

"What's this? A wand? No its not-", he ate a bite of it and smiled. "White chocolate! Ahem- let me not get too ahead of myself here."

The audience was all quite. In their midst Scaramouche and Kazuha also sat and watched.

"They say, if you stand in front of the mirror, you see your own reflection. But what if, the mirror you was the real you and you yourself a reflection of it?" Venti said with a tone of omniscience.
"Fret not everyone! For what appears to be real here, is not an illusion! Welcome- to CIRCUS LUCIDA!!!"

The crowd suddenly started clapping.

"Allow me to introduce myself- I am the host of today's performance- Ringmaster Lucinda!"

"Lucinda...?", Scara murmured.

"Everyone in the circus has stage names. We don't use our real names", Kazuha clarified.

"So without further ado, shall we begin!? Our first performance will be- Hats and Hands! Let's welcome on the stage- Play!"

The lights turned off and the spotlight this time fell on Kaeya. He took out a hat and then another and another followed by another. He played around with them swiftly and This surprised Scara.

"Next up! Dance of Lotus Light! By Sky!", Venti announced yet again.

And the lights fell on Nilou who was hanging in the air on ropes. She almost seemed like she was dancing in the air and hoops with elegance.

The crowds cheered every second.

"Our upcoming performance- Is a magic show! Behold the appearance of Our Twinsters!!!"

Lyney and Lynette took the stage and performed tricks never seen before. Scara could not even begin to figure out how they two did those magic tricks.

"Welcome on the Stage- Oz!!"

Fischl's abilities still surprised Scaramouche. He could never balance on a rolling ball while swinging hoops around him like her.

"Behold The entrance of our Queen- Damaris!! And Mufasa!"

Beidou went up on the stage with her lion friend. The lion would roar each time Beidou ordered him. But that was of course just a part of the show.

The cheers of the crowds kept on growing louder and louder with every performance.

"Let's welcome Mark on the stage!!"

Xiao went up. His trick required Venti to stand in front of a wooden plank with an apple on his head.