Chapter 16: Fell for the eyes that weren't looking at Him

Heizou walked out of the tent followed by Lyney

Lynette was still standing outside. She watched them come out and walk past her. Lyney saw her tear stained face and felt very hurt. But he followed Heizou and did not look back. Right now- his priority was not Lynette or Heizou. His priority was he himself.

"If I do not prioritize myself, I will hurt not only myself but also everyone around me. Everyone in Circus Lucida is my precious family... So I have to fix everything... I am sorry Lynette... I can't believe I let myself become so hopeless. I need to think with my head and heart and not just my heart."

The two walked together and went to the very back of the big tent Where Mufasa usually stayed in his cage. He was the one who witnessed the two as they spoke-

"Heizou.. lets talk here", Lyney said. Heizou stopped walking.

The silence didn't get the chance to interfere.

"Lyney, tell me", Heizou said with a painful expression on his face. "Tell me why you did that to me!?"

Lyney could feel his heart tearing apart. But he spoke with all his heart-

"Heizou... I love you..."

the moment Lyney said that, Heizou's eyes widened.

"But that doesn't excuse my mistake. What I did with you was wrong... There's no other way around this. I won't try to make up any excuses at all. But if you wish to give me a chance... will you hear me out... just this once?"

Heizou looked at Lyney and said, "Speak..."

Lyney took one long breath before starting.

"You don't know... but its been over seven months since I've been hiding my feelings for you. I did that because you already seemed to be in love with Kazuha. and I had decided to accept that. If the person I love finds his love in someone else- I should find my happiness in that. I was ready to die with all these feeling for you piled up deep within me. But that changed the moment Scaramouche became a part of Circus Lucida. You were still chasing after Kazuha... but now I knew you were going after someone who was not meant for you. I love you Heizou... and as I saw you chasing after someone else, frustration had started building up within me. I wanted to be one beside you instead. And in that impulse of a moment, all my feelings had become a jumbled mess combined with jealousy... which made me kiss you without your consent while you were clearly suffering... I crossed the boundaries which were never meant to be crossed."

Heizou didn't look at Lyney. "I hate you...", he said as his entire body shook.

Lyney... smiled in a painful manner.

"Yes... hate me Heizou... break my heart a thousand times... it was only ever yours to break anyways"

Heizou's eyes were tearing up as he looked at Lyney. "What are you saying Lyney..."