BOOK 2 BEGIN: Under the Apple Tree

A/N: HELLO! So, we are now shifting into book 2, which is based on Yu-Gi-Oh! DM season 4 Waking the Dragons! Don't worry, after this book, we'll be back to Rain and her shenanigans into 5D's season 2!

In the meantime, here's your new protag, Rahlin! Who may look suspiciously similar to someone else :) There is an extra story called the Shadow and the Flame I won't be posting on Wattpad but that describes all the Atlantis history in gory detail, if you wish to seek it out!

SUMMARY FOR UNDER THE APPLE TREE:

Rahlin is in Domino City for one reason: humanity's extinction. She has two hundred souls to reap if she wants her dream to become reality. DOMA's recently acquired KaibaCorp hosting a tournament is the perfect lure to draw willing duelists closer. It was going so well until Rahlin reunited with the Egyptian prince. Her ancient debt makes reaching her goal all the more difficult.(3rd person POV. YGODM's DOMA/Orichalcos arc from the POV of an OC Soul Reaper, RyouxOC)

 YGODM's DOMA/Orichalcos arc from the POV of an OC Soul Reaper, RyouxOC)

art by https://www.deviantart.com/smokeypurple

Chapter 1: Ripped Sky

Millions of stars winked down on Domino City's neon night lights. The sky rippled like a dark sea, and waves of stars crashed against each other. A rupture tore open the sky like a busting seam. Bright azure with puffy, lazy clouds was caught between the nighttime's deep navy and sparkling stars.

Yugi Muto blinked, rubbed at his eyes, and pushed up on his tippy toes to get a better look out the window of the game shop. The clashing of daytime and nighttime remained, and the dividers emitted black sparks like lightning into both anomalies. Yugi's jaw slacked. He said, "What's happening? It's like there's another sky breaking through ours!"

"I'm not sure."

He glanced to his right. The pharaoh's transparent figure stood in the same blue-striped pajamas Yugi wore. The pharaoh, however, stood straight and was not alarmed. Yugi found himself longing for the pharaoh's bravery for the fiftieth, sixtieth time since they'd met? Yugi said, "Does this have something to do with the Egyptian god cards being stolen?"

"The events occurred too close together to be a coincidence," the pharaoh said. "With that and another appearance of a power capable of sealing souls, I'd say we have a new enemy on our hands."

Yugi gulped. The black lightning was thickening in a swarm. The blue sky was almost blotted out, and he could no longer see any stars. He felt as though his hope was suffering the same fate. They'd barely defeated the last enemies that had hunted the pharaoh, and Yugi and his friends never found victory without casualties. For a split second, he considered running away from Domino City.

He watched the pharaoh. His expression was harsh as he observed the darkening skies. He was always, always ready to face whatever life threw at them, which was exactly why the world - and Yugi - needed him. Yugi copied his confident stature and said, "Whatever happens, we'll protect what matters most. What do we do?"