Today we had quite a bit planned for everyone. Today was going to be a big day for everyone because we needed to head to the bridle shop and make specific changes to the fit of the bride's dress. While we, everyones going to get whatever dresses they need for things like the wedding and such. The boys were going to find suits if they needed them and the groom was going to get whatever he needed fixed on his tux. Breakfast was good, there was no James but it did make me wonder why he missed. My guess was that he slept late. I headed back up to my room to finish getting ready. Today I wore simple light blue jeans and a light blue, tight top. I put on some white sneakers and grabbed my bag before heading downstairs. Everyone was there so I was the last. I made my way over to Lainie.

"Sorry to make everyone wait." I apologized.

"It's not all on you. James still isn't here." Lainie explained.

I looked around and she was right. Everyone was here except James. Soon enough James came running down and out the hotel, straight to Josh and Abby.

"So sorry I am so late. I overslept." James said a little out of breath.

Followed by that I let out a little chuckle, a little too loud. Abby, Josh, and James looked over at me. I quickly looked away to start up a conversation with Lainie.

"Quick conversation."

"Mmmm well how about this. Are you excited about the shopping?" Lainie asks.

"Yes. I did bring a dress but Abby said she might have more specific ideas so I may be getting a new dress which is always welcome. You?" I answered.

"Excited to spend more of dads money." She answered hostely.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." I said laughing.

"Okay, everyone get in a cab please. We are headed to Via Cavalieri del Lavoro." Josh announced.

Lainie and Uncle Chris got in my cab. We got there fast which did not leave much time to see the surroundings but I did not dwell on that. The women and men split up into their respective sections of the store. Abby showed the bridesmaids what dresses she was looking for in particular. I learned that I should indeed get another dress. I looked around and found three different dark green dresses, as requested and okayed by the bride. I found a fitting room and tried on the first two. They were gorgeous but something was missing. I had put on the third one but I started having struggles with the zipper. I turned my back toward the mirror to try and get a better look. It was stuck on the material. I saw Lainie through the opening of the curtain as she was walking bye.

"Lainie!" I called.

"Yeah?" She said as she peaked in.

"Perfect. Can you help me with my dress?" I asked.

"Umm... I can't, I have to go see Abby for a minute. Do you want me to get one of the girls? Or... James is the only one out here..." Lainie asked.

"Um- I- ugg, no. Go to Abby and leave the girls to help her. Yes, please get James." I said with discomfort.

I was still mad at him, I still didn't want to see or even talk to him but some messed up part of me... enjoyed... his presence. I know I missed him but who wants to miss someone who messed them up so badly? Not me. I don't even think I quite realize that I was missing him or that I-...

"Lainie said you needed help?" James asked from outside the curtain.

"Yes, you can come in." I said and a moment later, there he was. "The zipper is stuck in some of the dress material."

He came in and took the zipper from me. He started to wiggle it around.

"You have a tux?" I asked.

"Yes. I brought one." He answered.

"Josh gets his tailored?"

"Mostly but they're still finishing up a few things."

It was awkward silence as he was still trying to get it unstuck. I was analyzing the dress in the mirror when I noticed James scanning me up and down. We locked eyes in the mirror.

"You look beautiful." He commented.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

This dark green dress was long with a slit on the side. The top was a corset top with a sweetheart neckline and some extra fabric draped over top of it. The slit was longer than I would normally wear and I don't really wear corsets either but I've always wanted to try. I wondered if I shouldnt go spaghetti straps or if it shows too much. Was it too tight? To lose? Too high? Too low? To...

"Stop it." James said interrupting.

"What?" I asked, shaking out my thoughts.

"You over analyze yourself by a lot. You look absolutely gorgeous and perfect."

"Thank you." I said quietly again.

"Mari, you're still doing it. Come on, something you like about you in this dress."

"James-" I tried.

"No. Three, go. Number 1 is...?"

"Ugg. I like how the fabric feels and how it will wear on through the night."

"Good, number two is...?"

"I like the color on me..."

"You look good in every color. Lastly number three is...?"

"I like how it makes me... feel..."
"That's the most important. Do you think this one is the one?" He asks.

"Maybe... yes. Just so you know, you're annoying." I said as I stepped back and through my shoulder to hit him.

"I know but I tend to be helpful, just like with the zipper... done." He answers as takes a step back.

I looked in the mirror and the zipper was fixed and all the way up.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

With that James left the fitting room.