⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆Broken。˚☽˚。⋆

14 Years Ago

14 Years Ago

Keigo POV:

    Pushing my tiny little legs through the busy crowds, I searched the back alleys in order to find the guy my dad had sent me to find.

He had run out of his favorite alcohol this morning and practically threw the bottle at me before screaming to bring another. So that's what I was doing, wanting to avoid another hit if I could help it.

Yet, I was quickly thrown out of my own thoughts as a group of kids around my age bumped into my shoulder, laughing wildly as they went.

They were wearing the local school uniform from down the road, the one I had seen a million times before from the tiny window of my makeshift bedroom at my house.

Although it wasn't really a bedroom in the first place, more like a storage closet that my dad had shoved an old blanket and pillow in the corner into from time to time.

When he was feeling nice that was.

They also seemed to be playfully arguing, poking fun at each other as a brown haired kid with large glasses pointing across the street with glee. "I can't wait for the festival tonight! Dad said I could even get my own yukata this year."

The other kids gasped at that, impressed by his statement as Keigo turned to stare at the covered stalls and wooden shelves lining the old town park.

A festival?

What did that mean? Was there going to be some kind of party tonight? I wasn't sure. I had never heard about that kind of thing before.

Just then, the kids ran down the street, my curious amber gaze following them as they giggled and shoved each other without a care in the world.

It looked nice, being so carefree. I wondered what it felt like to be one of them.

So much so, I lifted my hand out, desperate for them to take me with them when a rough hand pulled me back by my collar, his voice filled with anger. "There ya are, you little brat! Useless as always."

It felt like I was ripped away from my fantasy, falling backwards and stumbling as my dad screamed in my face. "God, I have to do everything myself. Get a move on, I'll deal with you after I get my liquor."

I knew what his words meant immediately, feeling my tiny wings shiver with fear. I had displeased him, which meant a beating when we got home.

Although as he dragged me away from the colored lights and the carefree kids, I felt myself shoved back inside my cage, the invisible chains around my neck pulling once again, unable to break free no matter how hard I desired it.

A caged bird, that's all I was.

Forcing me back into solitude, and away from any sense of normal

       ————