⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。Midnight。˚☽˚。⋆

Hawks POV:

Hawks POV:

Shoving my head face down on the table, I felt a suppressed groan of pain escape my lips before closing my eyes in order for the world to stop spinning. Ugh I had to stop drinking like that. Nothing was worth feeling like literal death right now.

Yet my senses were quickly awakened by the smell of something delicious, my eyes wincing at the light before finding the strength to look up only to find a small bowl in front of me as Calla hummed. "Here, silly bird. This will help."

Not understanding, I then forced my entire head off the table in order to look at the warm miso soup that she had just given me. Ah Calla, she was such an angel, always there when I needed her. "Remind me never to drink again."

I heard her light airy chuckles then, the sound causing my heart to flutter with unexplainable feeling. "Somehow I don't think that will help. You're stubborn when you want to be."

Knowing she was right, I then felt the bright lights burn my sight once more before ungracefully flopping back onto the table with a mutter. "Just kill me now. Bury me and be done with it. I give up."

Yet that's when my feathers picked up on Calla's heart rate, her lips giving a tiny gasp of air before I just barely heard her whisper under her breath. "Don't say that."

She sounded sad, the tone causing my head to lift up in confusion only to find her let out a forced chuckle a moment later, almost as if to cover her slip up. "And let my delicious home cooking go to waste? You wound me, Hawks."

Then she dramatically placed her hand to her heart before taking a step backwards as if someone had shot her only for my mind to pick out something from her statement.

My name, she purposely said my hero name. Why? She didn't have to do that, not after last night. "Why are you still calling me Hawks? You already know my name, right? Then you can say it."

Yet that's when I watched her playful body language wither away before she closed her eyes in slight thought to answer. "I'd rather not."

What? She'd rather not, what did that mean? She didn't want to call me by my given name? I wondered what was the reason for that. I mean, it's not like she was giving away some big secret. It was just the two of us in the apartment. No one could hear.

But the way she said it, it sounded so final, so absolute, like it had to be a rule for her. But why? Did she not want to separate the man from the hero? I thought that would be the first thing she would want to do, considering how she was always telling me to be myself.

I then watched Calla's shoulders untense before giving a small weighted chuckle under her breath in order to break my current analysis "I mean, it's just too awkward, you know? I've already gotten used to your hero name. It's just easier to call you that."

At that, I couldn't help but feel my heart twist in pain. Yeah, that made sense. But if that was the case then why did I feel so disappointed by it? Did I really want her to call me by my real name? No, impossible. I had hated that name since I was a kid.