Blessing of the Goddess (Made up)

Tension began to grow between son and father, as the latter looked incredibly furious.

Furious, and very scared, worried and even trying to keep himself together as he tried to calm himself down.

While Corneus was actually surprised inside, projecting an completely calm expression outside at the same time.

It was as if he expected him to arrive. His hand glowed a dim, crimson light with a tint of gold, crackling eerily while his possessed wife weakly looked at the two of them.

The mana he was emitting was incredibly high, not just that, only he was capable of sensing it because of his senses which hadn't been dulled for the past decades.

'Hm.... I did not expect him to enter this room quite early on, was I lost in my thoughts?' Corneus thought, taking a glance at his mother.

'I suppose a change of plans is needed. I've decided, I'll be more active under the daylight, and recruiting sufficiently skilled people at night.'

Sighing deeply, Klaus turned around to silently close the door after the guards stationed to calm down. He did not want to let them see what was inside the room.

With weakened steps, he positioned himself before a chair and sat down. He was beginning to be tired, and while he did, he noticed that Corneus' hand was no longer glowing.

"So, you've discovered her. Her cursed, possessed body. I am sure you have only found out just now, and you decided to find a way to end her before the curse completely turns her into a pile of disgusting meat."

Klaus started his speech, being all that distressed and lonely, even while he was in front of his son.

"I have a secret to speak... Blah blah blah, curse possession demons ancient Demon King, three heroes blah blah blah...."

But Corneus was just not listening to all of that.

'I hate long monologues, just get this over with.... It's not like I have heard the same shit once more, you know...'

"Dad, stop that."

It's not like he's some main protagonist that would soon save the world, you know. He didn't want to be a mob, either. He....

He wanted to become a great king. Something he had never tried, aside from becoming the second coming of the Demon King, of course.

He ruled through fear, dominating every human, elf, demihumans and vampires alike, and it was... Very tiring and boring.

Without anybody to oppose him, he felt very unfulfilled.

But..... Oh well....

"Father! Be silent!" He raised his voice in order to make Klaus silent.

He took it as an offense, but refrained from slapping his son, of course. Unless he wanted to say something that would offend him more.

'Right, time to start bluffing my way out of yhis. Hopefully I'm lucky and won't be reprimanded by father.'

"You know.... I've had dreams about meeting someone years ago. I want you to listen to me, father. You might not believe me, but.... Here goes."

"Go on." Klaus narrowed his eyes, and decided he would listen to him for a while.

Faking a cough, Corneus stared at his father with serious intent, frowning as if he wouldn't be believed.

"This woman claimed to be the Goddess that the supposed Church of Divine Teachings had prayed to. And, she said she had incarnated as one of the Three Heroes, while simultaneously blessing the two others since her birth. I was confused, really.