Time Passes

Meanwhile.....

"Hm, so you met with two of the Knights of the Cards?"

In a room dimly lit in the moonlight, Shadow (or Cid) glanced over Alpha, who was standing before him.

She nodded her head, and Shadow hummed for a bit.

"I see. Their objectives are the same as us, though we are always under the shadows. That means it's possible that we can be their allies."

'Ah, so they're the Side Characters close to our Main Protagonist, sometimes in the background, sometimes on screen.... That's so cool!'

Except, Shadow began to realize that Shadow Garden is taking over some events and character arcs from those Side Characters!

It almost seems like they're characters of a Fanfiction! It's bullshit!

Shaking his head to leave those thoughts out of his head, Shadow stood up.

"On second thought, leave them alone. It might be possible to have conflict, but I advise you stay away from them. Tell the others to assist them if necessary." Shadow spoke, before his slime bodysuit fused his his skin.

And now, Shadow is Cid, a mob character with a plain buttoned shirt and pants, who blends in the background very well.

Or is it?

Seeing Alpha leave, he couldn't help but sigh as he glanced at the direction she left.

"Mob character, huh..... I'm starting to doubt my place as a background character as time passes by. Let's see... I have a brocon sister, seven people along with an organization under the shadows roleplaying against a seemingly made up cult, which is beginning to feel like an actual cult...."

He uncurled each of his closed fingers, recounting cliches and some events that had happened to his life, being both Cid and Shadow.

"Huh, that's a coincidence. I'm going to have to try leaving the life of a mob character starting now. Probably."

And of course, that wouldn't be him, right? Well, he can't really help but feel quite unimpressed at himself for sticking into his mob personality, not fully opening up to others.

Why?

To him, it may get in his way on staying as a mob character in the daylight.

But....

He reconsidered breaking the shell. Maybe he could get fully in touch with his Seven Shades.

"Hm, yes. That would work, indeed. Don't want any betrayal cliches to happen, after all."

"But, what about the Main Character? I met him two years ago while I was hunting down fodder, and while Claire was kidnapped. Honestly, I felt like I was late that time."

He recalled an event that happened to his sister, when she was kidnapped....

And....

[ ~ Line • Flashback • Break ~ ]

Claire glared at her capturer, who sat on the floor, feeling quite scared (Correction: Very scared) at her while one of the chains holding her was pulled off violently from the wall.

"I'll make you pay for insulting my brother!" She yelled, after pulling her hand off one of the shackles that bound her.

"Damn you!" Her captor yelled, swinging his sword, yet she narrowly dodged it, and hit him with the chain she once cut her captor's chest before deciding to beat him up for a long time.