23. Eternal Love

Everyone had gathered. Seonghwa's parents and the elven scribes as witnesses. His harem, Seungyoun, his babies and their pets. The fairies hovered in the near trees, not tired despite the sinking sun, since they wanted to attend the spectacle.

In the moonlit clearing, the white marble gazebo glowed under the night sky. No cloud obscured the view and a full moon traced its pale course, chasing after the one it would never meet.

At serene peace, Seonghwa waited for the right hour next to the altar. His giddiness and nervosity were veiled behind a refined expression. The night air caressed his hair and tangled in his veils, enrapturing the whispering crowd that awaited his ritual.

Jongho, Yeosang and Hongjoong supported the others, and they mingled with the crowd to marvel at their ethereal ruler. The night bedazzled Seonghwa's skin and hair, making him look as if a star had fallen from the skies to be trapped among earthly trivialities. Tonight, he would prove yet again how much more he was. How little this world compared to his divine soul.

Morana and Aodhán perched in Jongho's arms, one in each. The former had Onyx in her arms, ruffling his feathers as her small arms squished the raven close. She looked apprehensive about this place, but her brother assured her. He could tell the magic in this place was ancient yet came from the nature which cherished all elves.

Yunho wiped his sweaty palms on his pants for the twelfth time. Though Seonghwa didn't ask them to, all four of his participants dressed nicely. It must have been Yunho's idea, and he had helped Mingi button his see-through black blouse that handsomely hugged the demon's form.

Wooyoung donned his expensive white ferret fur Seonghwa gifted to him. He gnawed on his fingernails, talons dug into the ground as if to anchor himself there so he wouldn't surge into freedom.

In a tailored white suit with golden linings and pins, San waited at ease. His eyes were stuck on Seonghwa, resilient in their patience.

Another wipe of Yunho's palms. He huffed into the night air. Earlier, he talked with Seonghwa's mother to distract himself from his nervosity whenever he glimpsed at the altar. Though he trusted Seonghwa, the four knew little about what was to happen tonight. Soon, the elves couldn't distract him anymore and Yunho went to pacing between his son and the two dogs that played around the trees.

Seonghwa settled a delicate hand on Yunho's arm. His eyes sought the moon, bathed in its healing light. Though his vision enraptured everyone and sparked the desire to think to their knees in worship, his eyes were calculating on the one blessing him from above.

"We still have another hour. Unwind," he suggested to Yunho and Wooyoung groaned next to them.

"An hour? I need another pee break."

He had taken pee breaks about once every half an hour until then, and though he held back on the ale and switched it out for water, he had a nervous habit of drinking to battle his anxiety.

Before he could slink off, the extravagant sorcerer by their side spoke up. He wore a black cape over his left shoulder, pinned with extravagant swirling symbols.

"You better cherish this gift. You have no idea what it means for an elf to-"

The chuckling emperor interrupted him. Seonghwa was glad to have them all here. To share this moment with them. Had they been awful husbands, he never would have offered eternity to them. Their love for each other brought them together.

And while Hongjoong wanted him to be honest, tonight was a festivity, an oath like no other. It was sacred, so Seonghwa refused all squabbling before the eyes of the stars.

"Hongjoong, shh. Let them celebrate their way."

The sorcerer snapped his head away while Wooyoung slinked off for his business. The four couldn't wait to have this over with and return to the castle. Seonghwa would reward their patience with endless cuddles.