Chapter 54: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

•Parts 128-132•
~.~.~3rd Person POV~.~.~

The kettle crash-landed in the middle of the hospital wing, it bounced off into a distant corner. There were potions, bandages, and other healing equipment laid out at seven beds. Madame Pomfrey came rushing over to the group of them.

"Thank Merlin you're all here," She sighed happily, "Dumbledore told me what happened, you all will need to spend at least one night here."

Everyone was directed to a bed, she started with Y/n, who was the most injured. She grabbed some dittany and made her drink a pain-killer potion before she started.

"What happened to you?" She asked gently, dropping the dittany on her leg, new skin slowly forming over her leg.

"Greyback was there in the ministry, we got into a dual and he did it." Y/n breathed, "It was really scary."

"You poor thing." She cooed, "I will put a bandage on this and put a few stitches in your cheek, I want you to stay at least 2 days."

"Okay. Thank you, Poppy." Y/n smiled.

"You're very welcome dear. I'm done now, so please get some rest." Poppy said, Y/n nodded and Poppy closed the curtains of her bed. She could hear Madame Pomfrey looking over everyone else, all had come away with minor scrapes and were told they would be discharged the next morning.

Y/n watched the clock tick, the room was filled with Ron's snores. Before she knew it, it was one in the morning and she could feel her eyes getting heavy and fell into a restless sleep.

When she woke up the next morning, her bedside cabinet was filled with sweets and chocolate, there was a small note next to a hamper filled with all of her favourite things, it was filled with chocolate, sweets, small games, and things to do, and a photo frame. She unfolded the note and read the handwriting on the small piece of parchment.

'My darling,

I really hope you are getting better, and I'm sorry I couldn't have done more to help. I really hope you enjoy the treats and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the end of the year. I love you

Freddie xx'

Y/n couldn't help but smile at the note, but before she could look, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Ginny all came over. They had all been discharged and immediately all came over to Y/n.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked, perching at the end of her bed.

"I feel okay, this pain-killer potion is bloody good." She smiled, "How are you all?"

"We're good, Madame Pomfrey just let us go, when do you get out?" Ginny asked her.

"I don't know, I do know I'm staying today and probably most of tomorrow." She answered, leaning back on her pillow.

"I'm sorry," Harry said remorsefully, "I didn't mean to get you hurt like this, I shouldn't have let you go."

"Harry, this is not your fault. No one knew what was going to happen and I definitely didn't expect Greyback to be there." Y/n smiled, Harry gave a small smile but still had a sad look in his eyes.

"We need to go, Poppy said we can only stay for 5 minutes," Hermione explained, "Here's the Daily Prophet, we'll come back later.

"Thank you," Y/n smiled, "I'll see you later."

Everyone smiled at Y/n and slowly left the Hospital Wing, she picked up the newspaper and flipped it open to the first page, she already knew what the headline title would be but she started reading nonetheless.