•𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞•

~♡

I'll start the story when Bondita is being punished by Tulsipur because they believe she is a spy sent by their enemies. Instead of becoming a sanyasini and being sent to Kashi, her punishment has been altered.

---
BONDITA

He held my shoulders tightly as I looked into his eyes. He was angry, but I saw the pain hidden in his gaze as he said, "Why did you come here, Bondita? When I told you not to!"

A sob escaped my lips as I replied, "You know, Shakha Babu, I'm just as stubborn as you. When I said I’d end this unwanted feud, I meant it!"

He pulled me closer with a jolt, making me gasp as he said, "No, Bondita, the feud isn’t over. It never will be. You're only hurting yourself. Tell them you don’t agree to his punishment."

His eyes conveyed everything, and my breath hitched at how close we were. "Why do you care? I'm your enemy’s daughter, right?"

His grip on my shoulders tightened as he said, "Don’t do this. You're destroying yourself, Bondita."

I smiled at his words and replied, "I'll... I'll destroy myself for you!"

--

Set in 1915 colonial India, *Barrister Babu* explores societal norms that restrict women’s rights and enforce child marriage. The story begins with Bondita Das, a 10-year-old child bride, being married off to an elderly man. Anirudh Roy Chowdhury, a London-educated barrister, intervenes when Bondita's husband dies before the ceremony, leading the villagers to label her as unlucky and insist on her committing sati (a ritual where a widow is burned alive with her deceased husband). Anirudh saves Bondita by marrying her to protect her from sati.

Anirudh dedicates himself to Bondita's education, determined to make her the first girl in their village to attend school and pursue a career as a barrister. As Bondita grows older, Anirudh arranges for her to study in London. After 8 years, she returns to find their families embroiled in a feud. Misunderstandings have turned Anirudh against her, but Bondita, disguised as Vaijayanti, stays with Anirudh’s family to uncover the truth and realizes her love for him. Her identity is eventually discovered, leading to further complications as she navigates her relationship with Anirudh amidst family tensions......

Continue from here;

Love yaa🪷
Your Author🕊