Chapter 1: Healing Process

Island Of Patch

1:15 PM

Y/n Pov

One week later and it was the same thing all over again. It was starting to get old. Yang refusing to leave her room and the nightmares that I catch her having. She needs help, and I have no idea how to even begin to give it. I went through the same thing but I didn't have anyones' help. I just had to deal with it on my own. The only improvement to our situation was that Yang was eating more now. 

Add on that Roman and Neo haven't had much luck gathering information. It was aggravating that I couldn't go out but Yang comes first. Who knows, with her eating more now, even if it's only a little, maybe she's getting better.... It's only been a couple of meals, I was getting to optimistic for my own good. 

Just as I was about to go back to my daily routine, which consisted of taking care of Yang, gathering information, weapon maintenance, then whatever I could do to fill in the time until I had to return my attention to Yang, my scroll started to ring. I pulled it out and took a look at the number and had to stop a moment. The caller ID was unknown, but the number was one I knew by heart. Why she was calling me was beyond me. I answered the call, a little hesitantly. 

Y/n: ....What do you want?

Raven: Nice hello, Y/n.

Y/n: What do you want?

Raven: I can't check on you and my daughter?

I felt my face raise up into a scowl. I almost hung up right then and there, but I was genuinely curious why she contacted me. 

Y/n: You and I both know you don't give a damn about that. Last chance, Raven.

Raven: I thought you would want to know that I would be taking the tribe to Mistral for the foreseeable future. 

Y/n: And why would I give a shit about that?

Raven: I know Yang has been looking for me. I thought that since Ruby is on her way to Haven that you two wouldn't be too far off.

Y/n: ....You've been spying on us....

Yang: Y/n?

I hung up and spun around, finding Yang for the first time in months, out of her room. That was a good thing.... If only it was at a better time. Yang knew something was up but either decided not to ask or didn't care enough to ask. My scroll rang again. Yang looked at the scroll as I looked down at it and sure enough, it was Raven again. I promptly hit decline and forgot about her. 

Y/n: About time you left your room.

 Yang: ....It was getting stuffy in there....

Y/n: It's the middle of winter.

Yang: I can go back.

Y/n: No, no.... You hungry?

Yang: A little....

Y/n: I'll make you something.

I stood up from my desk and out of the room with Yang. It was great that she was up, but she picked a horrible time to do it. With Raven at the forefront of my mind, I was a little lost. Why call now? Knowing Raven, she had a reason. I just don't believe for a second that it was out of concern for Yang and I. 

I pushed it out of my mind and focused on the task at hand. I was getting a little hungry myself so it worked out well. We entered the kitchen and I moved straight to the fridge. Opening it up, I had my own moment. For just a split second, I could have sworn that the fridge was empty.