Chapter 10: One Way

Y/n Pov

Vale

7:44 PM

Reading through the files from both Roman and Goodwitch, I was able to get a general location. After that, it was going to be some footwork to find them. What got my attention is that it was off in the upper class district of the city. How they managed to get based there was beyond me. What's weirder was that the general location was around a few casinos. Never been in one of them but I guess there's a possibility for a first time.

I'm fully aware that this is where Huntsmen are going to mostly be. Since this is where most of the rich folk live and with the police being undermanned and now underfunded, the Huntsmen are picking up the slack around here. There were still Huntsmen all around the city, but they all seem to converge here. Funny how that works....

I opened the Bullhead door and started to look around. There were several buildings that would be a good place to drop to. Best part was that it looked like there weren't any Huntsmen around so bonus points. I'm pretty sure that when I found these guys and started making noise, that will change very quickly. I looked back and yelled out to Roman. 

Y/n: Alright, bring it down low to the roofs and I'll jump to the rooftops!

Roman: You sure you don't want us with you!?

Y/n: No, I'll probably need a quick get away. That's where you two come in!

I took my mask off my belt and hit the button on the back, causing the mask to open enough to get my head in. Putting it on and hitting the button again, the mask clamped down snuggly. That was a problem I had with my first mask. It always got knocked off if I got hit in the face just right. This will keep it from coming off as well as giving me some added protection. 

As much as I loved my first mask and all it meant to me, it was a horrible design. Unsecure, and didn't protect my head, so much as just protected my face. It served it's purpose, just not well. This was a definitive upgrade. The lenses started to boot up and I took a second to finish setting them up. After getting my preferences reset, I looked out over Vale. 

The city was lit up well. You couldn't tell what all was going on down there from up here. My best option is to try and beat the Huntsmen to street crimes and find out if anyone knows about Penguins operations here. Once I get that, I can interrogate someone high up in the food chain to find the meeting location. This was a tall order for one night, but I managed it in worse conditions, and with much less experience than I have now. I briefly considered taking the bag with me but I'll just call them back and get it when I actually have a location. 

Roman: You ready!?

Y/n: Always!

I crouched down low and as Roman buzzed by a building rooftop, I jumped out. The cold wind sent a shock through me and I felt elation that I was actually doing this. As I fell towards the rooftop, I started to activate my semblance and just before hitting the ground, I petal burst into the fall and rolled to break the momentum. I stood up and looked back at the Bullhead as it continued its way out of the area. 

Looking over the edge of the building, I saw the alleyway was clear. I suppose I couldn't get lucky enough to actually find someone getting mugged or something. Not something I would normally be happy about but I'm a little short on patients at the moment. Grabbing my grapple gun, I jumped off the edge and started working my way rooftop to rooftop. 

The nostalgia of the situation was strong. It was something that I had missed dearly. I couldn't help but think that maybe my identity being exposed was a blessing in disguise. I wasn't able to openly use my semblance because of the repercussions of being found out. Now I can stop holding back and give everything I got without concern.