Chapter 12: Good Cause

Weiss Pov

Atlas

12:12 AM

In the last three weeks, I made very little progress with learning to summon. How I managed it back in the Ballroom or even Vale was beyond me. Even with applying the lessons I had from Winter didn't help me any. No matter what I tried, I couldn't figure it out. It was a good thing that I had very little contact with anyone outside of my room. Not once have I left since Fa.... Jacques attacked me....

Klein knew something was wrong but I refused to tell him anything about what happened. Out of everyone, he was the only one I would talk to. I would talk to Whitley as well but he never came back to my room after that night. The revelation that he wasn't just emulating Jacques for safety, but because he was, for lack of a better term, broken. That was something that cut me deep. 

Sitting down on my bed, exhausted from the hours of effort I put into figuring it out, I let my mind start to go towards my team. How was everyone doing now that everything was over? Yang and Blake were the ones that I was particularly concerned for since they were hurt bad. Ruby had a broken arm but between missing a arm or having a stab wound through the gut, she was the least injured of the three. 

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I checked the clock and saw that it was past midnight. Confused as to who was knocking this late, I walked to the door and opened it to see Klein. His eyes were green and he was visibly excited. 

Klein: Oh Snowflake! I know you'll want to see this!

Weiss: What is it?

Klein pulled out his scroll, something that would get him in trouble if he was caught, and the first thing that caught my eye was the tagged news article. It was out of Vale which alone was interesting to me. The next thing was a very clear photo of a very familiar figure moving across a rooftop. It helped that I would recognize that jacket anywhere, and the obvious red mask. 

I didn't care what he was doing or what had happened to get him into trouble, I was just glad to see him alive. It felt like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. He was alive. Just knowing that he was made everything better. Klein smiled as he watched me. 

Klein: It's so good to see you in high spirits again, Snowflake. 

Weiss: Thank you!

I practically tackled Klein in a hug. After seeing that Y/n was alive, it made all the effort of the last three weeks worth it. All I could think about was how to get escape. Seeing Y/n made me even more focused on learning summons. I needed everything at my disposal if I was going to escape. Releasing Klein, I smiled broadly at the man. He looked past me at Myrtenaster. 

Klein: As excited as you are to see that Y/n is ok, you should rest for the night. Exhaustion only hinders progress. 

Weiss: But-

Klein: No buts. You need your energy if your going to keep at it.

Weiss: ....Alright.... 

Klein: I'll have some coffee made for you in the morning.

Weiss: Yes please. 

I perked up quickly after he said that. Klein promptly left the room, leaving me alone. I grabbed Myrtenaster and placed it back in its case for the night. I didn't want to stop but he was right. That and I wanted his coffee when I woke up, it was to die for. Sighing contentedly, I removed my dress and let it drop to the floor as I moved to the bathroom to shower. 

Turning the water on and stepping inside, I let my mind wander back to Y/n. Where had he been? What has he been doing? Confirmation that he was alive came with questions. I was relieved that he was ok, but it was unlike him to just disappear for such a long time with absolutely no trail. Y/n wasn't exactly a quiet person. He could be when he needed to, but he was more prone to just taking everything head on.