Chapter- 1 "Is she wrong?"

So basically I am going to start it when Bondita was getting punishment by Tulsipur as they thought she came to spy on them as an enemy!!

ANIRUDH'S POV:

Today is the hardest day of my life. Because of me, she’s facing all of this... Yes, it’s all my fault. I know, Bondita, you’re innocent. You didn’t come here with any ill intent. You just came... And now, everyone is punishing my ‘Sakhi,’ who was once my wife, my everything—my ‘Barrister Babu Bondita.’

I swear, Bondita, I wanted to see you reach the highest heights. You were everything to me... and maybe you still are! You were my responsibility, but over time, our relationship became something special, unique, unlike any other. But how can I forget? Because of your family, my family suffered so much—so many lives lost. My father’s condition today is solely because of your family. How can I forget that, Bondita? I know it’s not your fault, but what can I do? What can I do, Bondita?

Anirudh was lost in his thoughts when the villagers from both communities gathered around. Snapping back to reality, he saw Bondita sitting before him, her eyes brimming with tears and hope, trusting that her Sakha Babu would never misunderstand her. As they locked eyes, they struggled to grasp each other's emotions, silently communicating the turmoil they both felt.

BONDITA'S POV:

Sakha Babu, I know people may say anything... the world may turn upside down, but my Sakha Babu can never misunderstand me. Whether you say it or not, your eyes have said it all! Today, I accept every punishment given here willingly because I will bring what is in your heart to light tomorrow morning. This is the promise of your stubborn Bondita, Sakha Babu.

AUTHOR POV:

After a while, the Roy Chowdhurys began presenting their evidence against Bondita. They accused her of infiltrating Roy Chowdhury Haveli under the guise of Vaijayanti and orchestrating an attack on their family. Meanwhile, Chandrachur fabricated false proofs in an attempt to exonerate her.

However, Bondita vehemently rejected all accusations. With unwavering conviction, she stated, "Yes, it is true that I went to Roy Chowdhury Haveli. But I did not go there as a spy; rather, I went to end the enmity between our villages. I went to meet someone, to understand their heart, to feel their heartbeat, to speak the words of my heart. And to prove this, I do not need any evidence. I only need to hear the testimony of one person..."

The leader of Tulsipur interjected, "Whose testimony do you need to hear?"

Bondita walked over to where Anirudh was sitting, his emotions barely restrained. "I want to know from him," she continued, "what he thinks of me—whether he considers me a friend or a foe."

Anirudh remained silent, grappling with conflicting emotions, hiding his eyes and his inner turmoil. He yearned to proclaim to everyone that Bondita was innocent, that she had never harbored any malicious intent. But the weight of their shared history held him back.

As Bondita persistently posed the same question, Anirudh's silence perplexed her. Finally, she smiled through tear-filled eyes and took a step back. "Sakha Babu, there's no need for you to say anything now. Your silence has spoken volumes. Your silence has conveyed, like everyone else's, that you too perceive me as guilty... as a deceiver, an enemy..."

Bondita took a deep breath. "So listen, Mukhiya ji... yes, I stand guilty in the eyes of Tulsipur. I went to Roy Chowdhury Haveli as Vaijayanti, driven by feelings of animosity. Yes, I went there as an enemy, as a spy... and I accept every punishment that Tulsipur imposes upon me..."

Anirudh's heart shattered into countless pieces as Bondita spoke those words. Seeing her brokenness mirrored his own pain. He longed to embrace her tightly and release all his pent-up emotions. But he couldn't. "No, Bondita. What you're thinking is not true. It's not like that at all. Your Sakha Babu is helpless," Anirudh thought desperately. "I can never betray my village and my family. Never!"

The leader of Tulsipur intervened, "So, now that Bondita ji has admitted her guilt herself, it is proven that she went to Roy Chowdhury Haveli as an enemy... According to our rules, Bondita ji will be given the strictest punishment. Now, it's up to the Roy Chowdhury family to decide what kind of punishment Bondita ji should receive..."

TO BE CONTINUED