Chapter 3 Nightmares

Screams pierced the darkness surrounding Snow as she ran down the hallway in frantic fear from a faceless creature swinging a chainsaw. She tripped over her own feet and smashed her knees into the concrete flooring, gasping in pain she looked back over her shoulder at the large creature running towards her screaming as its face split in two. Now Hyperventilating She quickly got up and ran as fast as she could carry herself, almost reaching the door before the creature advanced forward slicing through snows leg. She screamed at the sight of the amputated leg beside her before falling to the ground in pain.Snow looked up just as the creature swung its chainsaw threw her being.

"AHHHH!!" snow lunged forward, throwing her blanket to the end of the bed as she flicked her eyes around her room.

Her head was throbbing in constant motions making the scene around her blurry and sway, she let out a heavy breath as she brought her knees to her chest and leaned against the wall feeling uneasy.

Ruvik walked through the door within an instant as if he was there the whole time. He looked at snow then at the scattered bed accents laying on the floor.He took a seat beside her on her bed and watched her for a moment as she rocked herself gently.

"Was it a nightmare?" He whispered.

Snow stared at Ruvik as only his face was wrapped and not his hands she thought.Ruvik looked to his hands then to Snow, he frowned slightly and pulled his hands back as he felt embarrassed by them.Slowly Snow sat normally on her bed and gestured to Ruvik as he looked to her again.

"It was a nightmare." snows voice was shaky as she thought about the monster.

"Dreams are only your mind playing tricks on you..remember that." Ruvik stared at snows eyes for a moment before reaching out and cupping the sides of her face with both hands as he took wonderment at them.

"Your eyes..there two different colors" Ruvik smirked.

"Why haven't I paid attention to something as intriguing as that." his face was enlightened as if he found something valuable in his grasp.

Snow smiled at Ruvik's look etched onto his face as he pulled his hands away.

"I apologize..I shouldn't touch you without proper bandaging."He looked to his hands.

"No it's.." he looked to snow before she finished her sentence, his eyes we're stern.

Snow frowned before grabbing his hand and observing it.He felt unease as she looked at his scarred hand and the continuing to the other one.

"Is this why you keep yourself bandaged all the time?" she whispered and looked to Ruviks face noticing he looked ashamed.He didn't reply as he just sat in silence.Snow turned on a small light by her bed and looked to Ruvik again as now she noticed his shirt was unbuttoned half way exposing more of his scarred skin but stopped at his neck, from there up was still bandaged tightly.

She continued to play with his hands."How did you know I was having a nightmare?" she questioned still keeping her gaze on his hands as she played with them.

"I heard you crying..from down the hallway." Ruviks voice was deep and hushed.

Snow sat still, she tried to remember her dream but sighed in defeat for now it was just a blank memory.

She slid her fingers between Ruviks and held his hand as she brought it up and rubbed it gently against her cheek.He smiled slightly at snows calm face, then she flattened her hand against his hand and held it out for him to observe as her hand was quiet smaller than his at it only touching to the last joints of his fingers as she tried to stretch her hand more.