Chapter 6 Gone

"One.."

"Two.."

"Three.."

He picked up the scalpel and applied pressure to the center of the subject's forehead causing blood to stream down like tears. "please..i beg you." The subject's lips trembled as she sat back and felt the blood drip from her chin.

"Four.."

The slice was clean from the top of its forehead to the bridge of its nose. Slowly he set down the scalpel and began peeling away the skin exposing the skull.

"Five.."

Quickly he picked up the spike and positioned it at the center of the forehead, his eye watched in emotionless stare as the subject pleaded for him to stop. Without hesitation he cracked the spike with a small hammer bringing a loud cracking sound into the silence as he broke away the pieces of skull. His white irises gazed through the shadows across his face forever burning into the mind of the woman as she slowly died.

"Subject is not compatible." His vice was hushed as he stared at the womans face slowly tilting his head to the side then brushing the side of her cheek.

'Perhaps I was wrong.' His eyes softened as he stroke her cheek.

"Feelings are only distractions to stray away from the task ahead.." his eyes flickered up to the light as his hand fell back to his side then slowly he backed away.

"Farewell Snow."

..

7:15 am.

"Snow, what are you doing up so early?" Ruvik lifted his brow line.

Snow stood in the middle of his room and looked around at the stacks of boxes that sat around the room. Ruvik followed snows gaze and frowned slightly.

"Yes, I am leaving." Ruviks voice broke the silence around them.

Snow looked up to the light on the desk then glanced over to the boxes. "Why?"

Ruvik picked up the larger box and dropped it onto the floor. He tossed his books into it carefully but discreetly before he turned and looked to snow.

"I don't enjoy the interruptions on my work and Jimenez is the biggest as he is also trying to mimic my study..he did help me at first but now that im so close I no longer require his assistance." His voice was monotone but deep and chilling.

"So close to what?" snow shifted to the sound of his voice.

Ruvik smirked and shook his head. "Remember what I said, stay away from Jimenez."

He completely ignored snows question and continued packing more boxes with large files. He looked to her as he finished packing up his belongings, she looked lost as she watched him place the box a top another.

"I will return. No doubt to check in every so often." Ruviks smirked at snows expression before she ran up and hugged him tightly.

Feelings like these were alien to him he thought as she pulled away, tears clouded her eyes then trickled down her cheeks.

Ruvik frowned slightly as he cupped the side of her face and catched the tears. "shh..no tears, okay?"

Snow sniffed and gave a small smile as Ruvik backed away to continue packing the last few boxes.

"Things slowly changed after he left, it felt almost empty as if a certain space in your mind was left unfilled by a void. Soon after Jimenez took me away for tests since Ruvik was no longer there to protect me from him, I was subjected to many horrid tests. It felt inhuman to look into the mirror as I do no longer feel a part of this world. I feel my mind wanders an endless field of flowers, golden petals warm to the touch drift through the wind as I watch the sun disappear into the horizon. Yea, that sounds right.." she dropped the brush in her hand as she gazed into the ground.

"I feel like Ameir only listens when im alone.."

Slowly she lifted her head up and fell back onto her bed, only to stare at the dull ceiling.

"these dreams I have, I feel like ive been there before but I don't remember.."

Her mind clouded with emotions as she watched the flurries of dust fall from the ceiling.

"Why did you leave.." Snow squeezed her eyes shut a she felt tears trickle down her cheeks, silently sobbing into the night as no one was there to care anymore.