Chapter 8 Distraction From Reality

A few years passed, snow was 23 now she wanted out of the hospital more than anything, she wanted to explore and see the world outside the gates. 'But..' she thought. It wouldn't be the same without Ruvik by her side for her to see it. He's always there when she wanted to get away from the other patients, always there in her time of need. He's always rambling on about his work or his sister Laura who he's so found of and how his estate is now empty. He wouldn't say what happened to his family, there would be this certain look he had that indicated it was something horrid. 'But he's gone.." She thought as she scratched her hand still in deep thought.

..

.

10:00 p.m.

"All that thinking might strain that interesting mind of yours." Ruvik smirked as he walked into her room then shutting the door quietly behind him.

Snow smiled, then quickly got up and hugged Ruvik, burying her face into his shoulder.

Ruvik raised his brow line as he slowly hugged her in return. This type of affection always caught him off guard, he thought.

"What is troubling you?" He asked calmly as he pulled her back seeing tears prickle down her cheeks.

Snow shook her head and wiped her tears away then giving Ruvik a small smile. Ruvik tilted his head and stroked her short hair.

"Have you missed seeing me?" He asked gently as he looked into her eyes.

"Y-yes." She began to cry thinking of the 3 years he had gone away. Ruvik pulled her close and let her sob into his shoulder. He wasn't sure how to handle Snows sadness he knows the functions of the brain all too well but the actual emotions he's never felt, at least since the death of his beloved Laura. She made it look so easy, he thought.

"I'll be here for a while, Jimenez has work for me and I have more tests to perform." Ruviks eyes looked to Snow as she pulled back and nodded.

"Don't worry, there will be plenty of time for you to visit." Ruvik smiled when Snows face lit up in a smile.

"Goodnight." Ruvik smiled once again and exited Snows room.

..

.

Snow was quick to make her way to Ruviks room that night she had been locked in her room, well cell as she thought, all day and the silence was getting to her.

Snow knocked on the door which opened immediately. She peeked her head in, then slowly walked in only to see the room was dark with a small light near the desk.

"Come here." Ruviks voice was deep and spine chilling.

Snow could barely see but made her way to the desk only to see Ruvik sitting up on his bed near the corner of the room. His bandages were off and he only had hospital pants on. She thought, walking closer to him.

"Are you scared?" He asked as he got up and walked towards her smiling while lifting his arms out as if he was presenting a monster of himself.

Snow looked around the darkness

"no." She whispered, but jumped as he appeared in front of her.

"The things I want from you are inevitable." Ruviks voice was deep. He brushed his hand against her cheek and breathed in her ear,

"It is not the darkness you should fear.." Snows eyes fixed forward as she stopped observing her surroundings. "It is me, you should fear." His cold breath touched her neck.