Sight

The deeper Lloyd and Morro walk through the woods, the more bland and dead the vegetation starts to look. The temperature seemed to drop as goosebumps lined Lloyd's arms. Everything around them appeared to be all different shades of grey, barely any color popping out anywhere. Even the boys appeared to be placed in the shadow. They place made them look desaturated.

It was a weird sight for Lloyd. He has never seen the world like this, now feeling bad for Morro. He grew up here, having knowing this as his world. He hasn't even scratched the surface of the beauty and vibrant world. Deep down, Lloyd really wanted to change that for him. They began approaching a small town, with building appearing to get bigger and closer together as you look towards the castle walls. It was only so visible at night as light seemed to radiate throughout the streets.

The buildings were damaged, and many of the ones on the outside were degrading. There were overgrowth on many of them, as the outskirts of this town had been abandoned. Morro walked up to one of the front doors with a smile on his face. There was a hanging sign on the door itself which Morro had lifted slightly. There was dried spray paint covering whatever writing was initially there. He looked back over at Lloyd, "Me and my 'friends' used to egg this person all the time. I think it was one of their teachers, and they hated her. She had a sign up saying something like 'If I catch you on my property, I will call the guards'. You know, something along those lines. Guessing while I was gone, they did this."

"Didn't you leave this place not to long ago? Why would they do that years later?"

The smile from Morro's face faded as he looked back at the sign. "This is my first time seeing it from all that time ago. That's all."

"Oh, I see," Lloyd felt kind of stupid for questioning that.

Morro walked back up to the blonde boy, glancing around. "Are you done having your loom around?"

Lloyd stared at the walls, knowing that what he really wanted to see was what was behind those walls. But there was no way Morro would go that close to them. Not with the story he had told. "What about your favorite spots around here? Where your core childhood memories took place."

"I don't think you'd want to know where my core memories were. Like I told you, I was in a bad crowd. I'll show you some other places though."

They followed the path. Morro was also happy that it was night since most people would be going to bed and be inside their houses at this time. If it was the day, he would have probably wanted to turn around. The more they walked, the more crowded the buildings starting to become. More industrial the streets began to look. The town opened up to what looked like a mini shopping district with a fountain in the middle of it.

Morro had sat down on the cobblestone wall around the foundation, touching the bottom of it. "This used to be always running with water. I don't know when or how long they had it shut down. Training for the king within the walls really disconnects you from the town."

Lloyd sat down besides him. Looking at Morro's finger touching the bottom of the fountain. He then ran his gaze up his arm, up his shoulder, up his neck and chin, up hit face, and meeting his eyes. Morro returned his gaze, pulling his hand away from the fountain. Lloyd looked up at the stars, seeing it more clearly now that this town didn't have much light pollution, like his kingdom. Everything was so beautiful and so interconnected. Curiosity had stuck in the blonde boy, thinking how space itself worked as one with so many different bodies working as one. So many strange and weird things to make one beautiful sight. This time, Lloyd wasn't thinking of his father. Oh no, he was thinking about Morro.

When Lloyd's gaze returned back down, he noticed Morro had followed his stare, now looking up in the sky. Lloyd wonder if he was thinking about him too. Somehow with this other man, he felt warmer. Morro didn't seem to look long, as he looked back down at Lloyd as well. "Guess that's the one thing that's nice about over here." Morro had said, now being the one to break the silence.

Lloyd's face flushed once again, breaking eye contact with Morro. "Everything has its surprises . . . Some good, some bad."

"Finding you was a nice surprise. What came along with you . . . Now that would be considered as a bad surprise."

Lloyd chuckled at the other boys remark. He didn't understand how he could have goosebumps and how his face would feel so warm. "So, where to next? Any other wondering things that worth seeing?" He has once again looked over to the castles wall.

Morro stop to think for a second. There were all sorts of cool things he wanted to show Lloyd that he's probably never seen and experienced before, but that would be inside the walls. He wouldn't even think for a second to go inside there. It has been some time since he seen the town that it was kind of hard to remember what was around. When he turned his head to follow Lloyd gaze, he saw exactly what he was looking at. Could only assume what was going through his mind right now. Maybe, just maybe if he showed him other places, he'd stop thinking about going in. Maybe.

Morro got up, dusting off his pants. "I have another."