On The Break of Dawn

It was early morning as the sun rays leaked through the spots where the window wasn't covered. Morro had fell asleep at the end of the bed, giving Lloyd all the room he could possibly need. It now smelled like petrichor as it drizzled during the night. Lloyd stretched out before slowly opening his eyes. He was surprised to even hear little chirping of birds from a distance. He noticed how the blankets had been neatly tucked all around him, assuming that Morro had done that after he had fell asleep. That's when his eyes scanned on the other boy, sleeping at the end of the bed. His eyes had bags under them, so Lloyd was happy he was actually getting some sleep, because it looked like he needed it.

Now that the sun was coming out, Lloyd could actually see Morro's old childhood bedroom for himself. The room itself was pretty small, with a little small dresser shoved up in the closest. Pastries and posters lied the walls, some were torn, some had little holes in them. All dusty. Every item seemed to have collected dust. At least Lloyd was too tired to think about sleeping in dust. But even so, the mattress and the sheets make up for it. It was still comfy.

There seemed to be books on shelves that looked like it had its pages intentionally ripped out of them. Classic young Morro, Lloyd had thought to himself. His stomach then started to growl, and his mouth smiles just thinking about food. "Ah, I can't wait to have one of Zane's signature breakfasts. I hope he's up right now. I'd love to have it fresh and warm!" And that's when he reality got back to him, remembering that he want in the castle anymore. He wasn't in his room which was so much bigger than Morro's.

Lloyd slowly sat up, removing the blanket off himself and slowly planting his feet onto the ground. He glanced over at Morro, making sure he didn't wake him in the slightest, and that seemed to be the case. The boy seemed unmoved, sounded asleep. Lloyd gave a good little stretch, before rubbing his eyes. His tummy growled. Where the hell am I supposed to get food out here? Lloyd thought to himself. He never had really been out in a town eating placing, not has he even been to a farmers market that would be in town. No merchant trading, nothing. He never really questioned where the food was bought from, he just ate it. Well, maybe I could find someone who's willing to at least give me a bite? Surely there's kind souls out here. I could even bring something back for Morro! What a surprise that would be!

Lloyd then hurried out the room with a smile plastered on his face.

A few hours later, Morro had woken up from his sleep all groggy. He was slow to even sit up from where he was, almost keeping his eyes closed the entire time. His body felt heavier from being so tired even for the amount of sleep he got in. It was about a couple of minutes later when he finally decided to get up. "Lloyd?" He hummed.

When he didn't get an answer, he opened his eyes, looking in the spot Lloyd would have been. He was gone. Panic started to arise in Morro's eyes, as he immediately got up, suddenly being surged with energy. "Lloyd!?" He called out louder this time.

He searched his whole house and still the blonde boy was nowhere to be found. Morro paced back and forth has negative thoughts started to fill his head. Idiot, idiot, idiot! Why would you bring him here!? Get him in much more danger than originally! Who knows who come have came here in the night and took him away. He could be dead or injured. Great job, Morro, the one friend you have and you fucked that up to! What were you thinking!? Morro scolded himself. He took a second to stop a sit down, taking a deep breath in. Then a breath out. Then without another thought in his head, he left his old childhood house on a search. A search to find Lloyd.