Run

Morro and Lloyd sat under an apple tree, laughing and exchanging stories. Lloyd picked one of the riped apples, rubbing a speck of dirt from it's surface. He took a bite from it, feeling the perfect mix between sweet and sour juices in his mouth. He offered one to Morro, and he politely declined.

"No thank you, Lloyd. I'm not that hungry."

"More for me," they both laughed.

They both fell quiet, and Lloyd brought his question up again. "I'm sorry for pinching you about this, but I have to know why you were crying earlier..."

Lloyd noticed a symbol which was surrounded by a grey circle on the top right of Morro's shirt. He quickly dimissed it from him mind
It's probably a pin or something. Morro gave Lloyd a light smile. "Don't worry, you don't have to be sorry. You care about others even if you don't know them. I can see it in your eyes... You're passionate, caring, loving, and brave. I see that..."

Lloyd's face lit up a bit at Morro's kind words. Morro looked down at the ground then back up at the blonde boy. "And... I was upset earlier because... No one really understands me, you know? Everyone tries to tell me what things I should be doing when I just want to be myself..."

Lloyd sat there thinking to himself about what Morro said. So he's kinda like me, eh? He smiled at the thought of someone truly understanding him. Understanding that sometimes he needs to get away. Lloyd then noticed Morro staring up at the sky, the starry sky that filled the night. Each of them glowed at their own opacity.

Lloyd scoot a little closer to Morro. "You thinking about someone too?"

Morro slowly nodded. "Yeah..."

"Mine's my dad... Garmadon. No here has really heard anything from him when he suddenly disappeared. I believe with all my heart that he's still... alive, no found his body or anything... But that still could be wrong..."

"Wait... You said Garmadon is your dad?"

Lloyd nodded.

"He's... He's still alive. I.. I know were your dad has been. I've seen him recently."

"You... You have!?"

Morro was the one to nod this time.

"Where!?... How!? Is he okay!?"

"He's-" The sentence was interrupted by a sound of the crack of a branch.

Then, right in front of them, Jay comes crashing down from the apple tree above them. "Jay!?" Lloyd didn't know whether to feel relieved it was him, or to make a run for it.

Morro stared Jay down with pure anger in his eyes. "You know him?"

"Yeah, he's a friend of mine... Or maybe a friend..."

Jay got up, wiping the leaves off his pants. He took a second to catch his breath before talking. "Lloyd, Wu sent me, and couple other guys out to find you. I sneaked in the tree yo see what you two were talking about."

"That's creepy," Morro didn't really like Jay one bit.

"Jay, listen," Lloyd began. His mind raced as he tried to come up with something on the spot. "You wouldn't tell the others that I'm here... right? We're friends, remember?"

"We are friends, but Lloyd, you saw what they did to Kai for not following the king's orders... Or did you see it?"

"What did they do to Kai!?"

"I can tell you that later when we're at the castle... And who's this?" Jay squinted at Morro ready to take him blade from it's holster.

Lloyd put out his hand in front of Jay. "No need for violence. This is Morro. He's... My friend." And smile spreader across his face.

Jay then saw the same symbol that Lloyd saw on Morro. He then stuck the sword of to Morro, grabbing Lloyd to his side. "He's not your friend, Lloyd. You see that symbol? It's the symbol for the dark kingdom that was banished to another realm... But how did he get here?"

"So what if he's from there?" Lloyd pulled his arm out of Jay's grasp. "If he was going to hurt me, don't you think he would have done it already? Morro could be trusted, Jay. You have to trust me."

"I'm sorry, Lloyd's but no one from there could be trusted. You heard Wu's story with him and Safaera. She was from there and looked what happened."

"That was a long time ago. Things changed! People have changed!"

"No Lloyd... No one ever changes..." Jay looked back at where the other guards were coming and shouted, "OVER HERE! THERE OVER HERE! DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!"

Morro and Lloyd looked at each other and immediately made a break for it. Lloyd was ahead of Morro since he was the faster runner. Surprising for someone who almost never leaves the castle. "LLOYD!"

Lloyd stopped and turned around, seeing Morro in Jay's grasp. He turned around once again, trying to make another break for it, when he saw Zane and Cole standing about ten feet in front of them.

"Face it Lloyd," Jay began. "There's no where to run."