02

MaKhanyile

"Talk to me nurse what is it?"

I question her and she looks hesitant.

"Nurse Fikile."

I say while reading her name tag. I only knew her face and not her name. See in this house I only know 3 people's names and that is my driver,body guard and the housekeeping supervisor.

"Mrs Mbatha I think that I should tell your husband instead."

She says and it causes me to boil which is one of the things that I can safely say annoy me.

This thing of these people having to run things through my husband first before informing me annoys me to the core.

"Fikile this is my daughter we are talking about I deserve to know!"

I shout at her.

"If you value your job Fikile dear you will start talking."

I threaten her. She jumps a little.

Good this means that she will start talking.

"Ma'am your husband warned me not to discuss anything pertaining snakhokonke with you because he said that it will cause more stress on you and that he does not like to stress his wife so anything regarding your daughter's health should be discussed with him instead."

She says while looking down.

To say I am ashamed is an understatement because I cannot believe the manner in which my own husband has reduced me to infront of our employees.

"Eyy forget about him and talk to me. I am infront of you is that not so?"

I say to her. I deserve to know what is happening with my daughter after all I am her mother and by the look of things the only concerned parent.

"She...uhm..."

Fikile stutters.

"She what?"

I futher question.

"The mini seizure is caused by lack of sodium."

Fikile tells me.

"Lack of sodium?"

I question her.

"Yes and I think now is the time to get a doctor to also double check what else is wrong."

Fikile suggests and I just feel my world crumbling down.

She looks at me, I guess to see if I have any questions.

"You are excused."

I say to her and she leaves the room.

I take a seat next to my daughter.

Now the nurse is suggesting a doctor this is bigger than I thought.

I am such a disappointment. I swear it seems like I am starting to behave like my husband.

I need to inform thee husband about what is going on here with our daughter but I fear what he is going to say or even do to me because of the state in which he left the house in.

Normally when he is this angry it takes time for him to calm down and when he is calm he will act like nothing has happened. The act of pretending nothing ever went wrong and as usual I am expected to sweep everything under the carpet because I do not question the ways in which my husband rules his household or should I say I am not supposed to ask him because he is the head of the family.

To think I went out so I can get some air lead me to come back and get even more stressed than I was back here in this house.

Seeing my daughter in this state saddens me. No parent wants to witness their child sick when they can't even help them.

Let me leave her room it is just a lot and to think it looks like I am alone in this whole thing.

I leave her room and close the door then I head to mine. I remove my black denim skirt,an orange blouse and orange heels. I  throw on a black plain off-shoulder maxi dress with orange puffy shoulders.

"MaKhanyile!"

A voice shouts, it is a man's voice.

Oh no!

-----------

🤔I wonder who is that shouting?"

THE LIFE OF MRS. MBATHA