04

Selu

I was in my office when all of a sudden I felt a bit offish. I felt angry and sad at the same time.

I knew it had everything to do with my brother Scebi. This is one thing about having a twin having to share emotions. I decided to go and check on him at his house because he said he was not coming  to work at all today.

Scebi has a short temper so I wanted to find out the problem because I can't suffer in silence. I refuse to suffer in the dark. I got to his house and I bump into Fikile his floozy. I am not going to ask what she is doing here but I am sure MaKhanyile does not know because she would have long kicked her out.

MaKhanyile appeared just as I was heading upstairs to their bedrooms at least she met me halfway. MaKhanyile being the lady that she is gave it away that she is not okay. I will not push in finding out what is going on though but one thing is finding my brother at the moment.

I get into my car of which I parked outside Scebi's house and take my phone out to track his location. It reads Ndaba's Paradise which is one of our biggest hotels here around Durban.

Scebi lives in La Mercy and I live in La Lucia which is quite close.

I wonder what he is doing there either way there is only one way to find out. I take my phone and start my car heading to Ndaba's Paradise.

×××××××××××

I enter Ndaba Paradise and park my car at the back of the building and while I am reversing to park properly at my parking bay for when I am here, I spot his park 3 cars away from mine on the left.

It is clear he is here probably in his office.

I get out of the car and I walk to enter the building.

Ndaba Paradise is a night club that opens 24 hours. I usually come here on Saturdays to check on how the managers are handling the business of which they are doing very well but are very confused on who is who between my brother and I.

I used to have dreadlocks not that it made a difference to people so I removed them last year and now they still don't know the difference between myself and Scebi.

I enter and I am welcomed by a mop on the floor. Just imagine if I was to be a person who came to unwind and I was met by the mop on the floor the minute I opened the door.

This needs to be sorted out. I walk straight to the counter where the manager is supposed to be and there is no one except Kwanele the barman.

"Awu Nsizwa yakithi."

[Ntsizwa yakithi~ My countryman]

I say greeting him.

"Chief u grand?"

He says back to me. He is the only one who can identify my brother and I so far from what I know because even the manager gets confused and calls me Mr Scebi.

"I am good...have you seen my photocopy?"

I ask a happy looking Kwanele.

"I don't know I just got here from break maybe he came while I was out."

He answers.

"Aphiwe yena?"
[And Aphiwe?]

I continue to question.

"She is somewhere in the building that one."

I nod then I leave him there. Aphiwe will hear from me as the supervisor of the cleaning staff. How can the entrance be untidy while she is here.

I head upstairs and I have to pass the storeroom before I reach my office.

Instead of heading to my office I turn right and go past the room with cleaning supplies and just as I am passing there I hear a sound of something falling.

O-kay that is strange.

"Yes...right there babe!"

A voice screams and it is a woman.

*a man groans loudly*

"Oh yes!"

A woman screams.

What the hell?! Where is self-respect this the workplace for heaven's sake.

It is quite clear these people are making out on the room I would call the janitors closet.

I cannot stand this. Whoever it is in there has no shame my brother's office is so close.

I need to discipline whoever it is because this is not on.

I take a huge breath in and open the door.

I could have not prepared my eyes for what I saw...

------------

🤔Who did Selu see??

The Life Of Mrs. Mbatha