We've Almost Been Caught

Sammy's POV:

Today Professor Lyn decided to teach us about the importance of leaves. Which made sense because this was science, but Professor Lyn was the most boring professor in the history of science. She carefully talked about the structure of the leaf. This was the one class that had all age groups, so all the young kids were enjoying class while the older kids were trying not to fall asleep where they were standing.

"The round shape is God's beautiful decor for the world. It..." I've been zoned out since then.

Five minutes later I feel something hit the back of my head. I carefully turn and see Huey waving me over. He points to the other boys who have successfully gotten out of the door and are waiting for us in the hall. Sneakily I fade into the crowd standing around the professor's desk to see a rare plant. Huey holds the door open and we sneak out with quiet steps.

Luc and Lenny quietly high-five and we walk into the empty courtyard. Huey climbs into a tree and sighs as he lays content on a rather large branch. Aaron lays on a branch opposite of him and starts tossing a ball up in the air. I settle my head in Luc's lap and drape my legs in Lenny's lap. Luc opens a book above me to where I can see it, he flips the page once I let him  know I'm finished with. Lenny passes out and is snoring softly with his mouth wide open.

"Luc." He looks down at me. "I'm hungry." He reaches into his bag and pulls out some chocolate. I eat it and close my eyes finally feeling relaxed when I hear heels clicking.

I shoot up and hit Luc's nose with my head.

"What was that for? I gave you chocolate!"

"The witch is riding her broom!" All the boys sit up immediately alerted.

Huey and Aaron sneak higher into the tree to not be visible. Us three on the ground run out of the courtyard and towards the greenhouse. Lenny opens the door as we run in. I hide in some oversized leafed plants and watch the other two. Lenny scrambles to hide in some flower bushes as Luc climbs the apple tree planted in the middle of the garden. Just as he gets high enough to where I can't see him anymore in walks Lila.

The witch looks around, "I know your in here." She walks right under the apple tree. "I heard someone come in here. Just give up."

I looked around and saw a large raccoon sleeping next to me. I smiled and at cute sleeping creature and prodded it wake. It woke up and I gently set it out of the bush towards Lila. It hissed and she spun around. After one loud scream she ran out of the greenhouse with her hands in the air as the raccoon watched her run away.

After a couple minutes we left our hiding spots and the small raccoon snuggled into a ball at my feet. I bent down and picked it up.

"I'm keeping her."

"What?"

I looked Lenny dead in the eyes and repeated myself, "I'm keeping her. End of discussion."

Luc shrugged and petted her head, "No point in trying to convince her otherwise."

Lenny sighed and smiled at her, "She is cute."

We walked back into the courtyard and found Huey and Aaron waiting for us. We explained the new pet, which they were excited about, and we parted ways. Luc went to hide the new raccoon in our dorm since he had a free period. Me and the others went to our classes. Now we just need to name her.