Scary Books

Sammy's POV:

I hate myself right now. My stupid brain thought, which is usually the first bad sign, that I should read one of Huey's horror books. So here I am staring at ceiling while Luc and the others snore around me.

I've tried reading one of the cutest books I have but all it did was make me stay up longer to finish it. It's been seven hours since the boys fell asleep and they have been restless for me.

I sigh, giving up on trying to sleep on my own, and turn over to face Luc. He looks so peaceful... not for long. Sorry, my love.

"Luc." I whisper and he groans in response before hug me close to him. "Lover Boy?" He opens one eye.

"What did you call me?" His voice is gravely from sleep and he smiles his bright little smile. The smile I think God designed specifically for my eyes only.

"Lover Boy." I kissed his nose. "Cause your my boy right?"

"Yes, baby." He kissed my forehead and tucked me under him so his entire body was laid flush against mine. "I'm your boy." He nestled his nose into my neck and kissed my favorite spot. The one hidden from everyone right behind my ear.

"Lover?"

He hummed and kissed my neck.

"I can't sleep. It was the book."

He smiled against my collarbone. "Do you need me to chase away the bad thoughts?"

"Yes, please." I say in a small voice.

He lifts his head to look at me and smiles my smile again. He flips us over so I'm on his chest now. He grabs my head and kisses all over my forehead.

I giggle as he pulls me up towards him so he can reach my neck again. I'm now laying completely on his chest curled in the fetal position. It real make me look small but it makes me feel protected.

He kisses my eyes until I eventually drift off in his arms. This my new favorite way to fall asleep I think when I wake up the next morning with his arms wrapped around me and his lips resting between my eyes.