Chapter 1: A Hard Days Work

Beginning Of Book...

Cory Pov

I am so annoyed with the interns from last year, I mean there resident's now! By the time I was a resident I instantly got the technique. I wasn't perfect but I didn't suck either.

"I told you to get me a MRI of Mrs. Avila," I say and roll my eyes at the stupid resident.

"I Know Dr. Monteith bu-," The resident explains but I cut him off.

"NO BUTS JUST GO GET IT!" I yell and point my finger for him to go.

I sit down and I take a deep breath because I just can't take anymore of there stupidity anymore. At this point I am praying that the new interns coming today have better knowledge than these idiots because I am at the verge of firing them already.

Lea's POV

Nervous. That's the emotion I'm feeling right now. I am starting my first day as a intern at a teaching hospital and I don't know if I'm ready. Medical school was hard enough, I can't imagine myself making it with the big dogs Aka The Attending's. Not only that but I have a feeling everyone knows I am the daughter of Idina Menzel which means I'm going to need to be prepared to be punched in the gut. Not only is today my first day of internship but today is Aaliyah's first day of preschool which is making this morning very hectic.

"Hey baby it is time to wake up," I whisper into her ear.

"Mommy is today the first day of preschool?" She asks as she squints to get a better look at me. 

"Yeah baby it is," I say with a smile.

"For reals mom," she asks as a wide grin spreads on her face.

"For reals," I respond as I look for her reaction.
"No Way, Mom I have to get ready right now!" She shouts and jumps off the bed and scurries off into the kitchen.

She's been waiting for this day to come since I can remember. At first when I broke the news to her about going to preschool she instantly beamed with joy and planned everything for the first day but I got busy so I didn't have time to enroll her so she slowly forgot about going to preschool.

"Are you excited for your first day of pre- school?" I ask as I adjust her into her high chair.

"Yes Mommy," She replies as she clutches her hand around the spoon excitedly.

I grab a bowl and I pour her favorite cereal, Fruit Loops. Before I forget I need to call the babysitter.

"Hello?"

"Hey Natalie I have my first day of work today so I was wondering if you can pick Aaliyah up from her pre-school and take care of her?" I ask crossing my fingers she says yes.

"Of Course, I just need to know what time and where and I will go and pick her up."

"If you want I'll just text you the information."

"Okay, sounds good."

"Thank you so much," I say and hang up.

"Mommy I'm done," Aaliyah calls out. I laugh because she has milk all over her face and pajamas.

"Honey you got your face and favorite Jammies dirty, lets go get you cleaned up," I say and I grab her from her chair and carry her to her room.

I get her cleaned up and dressed up and I grab her mini backpack and we head out the door. I quickly rush out of the house and get Aaliyah in her car seat and I begin the car. Ring Ring Who is calling?