- Chapter 8 -

(*Radio crackling noises* We're switching sides. KAZUHA PERSPECTIVE.)

Kazuha was sitting in his living room, one leg crossed over the other, phone in hand.

It was 5:47.

He was dressed in casual attire. He wanted to be comfy so he chose a long sleeve green shirt and some beige pants. He had pajamas in his mini backpack so he would be prepared, along with a few extra necessary essentials. The items included toothpaste, a toothbrush, the snacks he and Xiao bought for the sleepover, and his favorite little plushy.

(A/N: So random headcanon but Scara and Kazuha was at an arcade with the 5wirl group and Scara got Kazuha that Scarameow plushie from a claw machine <3)

He didn't tell the others what snacks he got.. He thought it would be nice to give them a little surprise. He was reading a book and waiting for Venti to pick him up. Of course, he told his aunts about the sleepover. Beidou (his favorite aunt) agreed immediately and Ningguang agreed only after he mentioned that Scaramouche would be there.

He checked the time, 5:52 P.M. 8 minutes left until Venti came over to pick Kazuha up. When Venti arrived, however, he was blasting the loudest music in the world from his car speaker. The entirety of Teyvat could probably hear.

Kazuha quickly grabbed his backpack and dashed out the door to the car, you could hear the music Venti was blasting even though the windows weren't down. He slowed down once he was close enough. He could see everyone in the car. Xiao, Heizou, Venti– Wait. Where was Scara...?

"Hey guys.." Kazuha said, smiling, "Um. Where's Scara?"

The whole group turned their heads to look at Kazuha as he spoke. Kazuha opened the car door and got in. That was when he noticed everyone looking at him.

"What?" Kazuha asked.

"Nothing~ We're gonna go pick up Scara now," Venti said in a teasing tone before looking back at the road. He turned up the volume and music blasted from within the vehicle.

"Turn it down, Venti." Xiao suddenly said. His tone sounded cold, as usual, but he sounded slightly annoyed. He was in the passenger seat, next to Venti, the driver. Who, if you could believe, was a decent driver.

"Alright, alright. If you say so...." Venti muttered before turning the volume down.

"Better," Xiao replied, a small smile forming on his face. The smile quickly turned into a blank expression as he stared out the window.

Kazuha placed his items down where his feet were and took a seat next to Heizou. The red-head was on his phone, but quickly shut it off when Kazuha sat next to him.

"Hey~ You excited for the sleepover?" Heizou asked suddenly, trying to strike up a conversation with Kazuha.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Kazuha said, smiling at Heizou.