Chapter Five

*Mattheo Riddle POV*

No way...that's Emma! She looks so different! She's so...so...

"Gorgeous." I hear Tom say from beside me. "She's breathtakingly gorgeous." He looks at me with a face I haven't seen since we left her as kids. It was one of happiness and love and I felt the same way. We were finally able to see our sunshine again...yet she didn't recognize us.

I looked over at Tom and pictured him when he was a kid. Back then he was always the short one between the three of us and now he was taller than I was. His hair hadn't changed that much except for the length and his blue eyes seemed brighter than just before we saw her.

"Have we changed to the point she doesn't recognize us?" I asked Tom with a sad face. I thought for sure she would at least realize it was me.

"Apparently. As I remember, you were on the chubby side last we saw her, and your hair was much longer and curlier. Nothing compared to your physique now. I believe I have changed from that of my child self as well. But it's nothing compared to the way she's changed."

"Got that right," I say while shaking my head. How the hell could our already beautiful girl develop into that of a goddess? That's the only way I could describe her looks...the Greek goddess of beauty has nothing on our special sunshine...nothing does or ever could.

I'm taken from my trance when I hear a voice clear. A greasy black-haired man stands in front of us looking annoyed...Professor Severus Snape. We knew him from the deatheater meetings over the summer we were forced to attend because of our father, Voldemort. The only reason we're allowed to attend Hogwarts now is because Voldemort wants us to recruit a special student who can use wandless and unspoken magic along with olden magic that died back in the early 1900s. Professor Snape was the one who gave us this information but refused to give us a name, saying that this student hides their magical ability from the others in fear.

"You know your task but know that I cannot help you as I have made an unbreakable vow with Dumbledore not to speak of this student to anyone. Recruit them if you can though I doubt they will wish to join seeing as what house they have been placed in."

"And what house is that?" Tom asked with no emotion.

"One once thought of as acceptance." Tom and I looked at each other confused. "Wait here until your names are called. You'll then enter the great hall through these doors and be sorted though we all know you'll be in Slytherin. Word of advice...don't say anything against the Slytherin Princess or you'll face the entire house and Salazar Slytherin himself as his portrait was the one who appointed the girl to the position in her second year." Snape warned us before walking into the great hall.

"Slytherin Princess...didn't those two girls call Emma that?" I asked for confirmation from Tom, seeing as he's better at retaining vital information.

"Indeed, they did. But her robes were not green like most of the others who surrounded her. Even her brother, Theodore, wore Slytherin robes while Emma wore yellow ones."

"What was the house that sported yellow and black robes? Wasn't it Hufflepuff?" I asked confused.

"Yes. The Hufflepuff House is known for loyalty, kindness, patience, and... acceptance. Snape said the student was part of the house once thought of as acceptance." Tom says, looking at me with realization.

"So, this student must be a Hufflepuff. But I thought Hufflepuff House was the weakest among the four and barely produced any witches or wizards who did anything great or noticeable with their lives."

"Yes, but the house believes in fairness so maybe this plays a factor as to why not many Hufflepuffs become famous. They believe the right person should receive credit and only when it's due."