Chapter Nine

TW: Talk about rape/memories of rape (Enzo's POV)

*Emma Nott POV*

Charms was as it always is. Practicing charm spells after learning the correct movement and a slight history of the charm. It was one of my better classes because Professor Flitwick is always so kind and never calls on me. He understands the need to hide my talent and knowledge, unlike Professor Umbridge. Word about what happened in my DADA class spread like fire and now everyone won't stop giving me confused and worried looks. No one asks though I know everyone is wondering because my friend group is keeping those who are brave or curious enough to ask away from me.

"Emilia – "

"Back off or else!" Mattheo threatens yet another Ravenclaw boy who tried to come up to me. I walk past him as Mattheo shoves his shoulder into the boy's shoulder.

"I don't think this is ever going to calm down without an explanation," I whisper to myself as we make our way into the grand hall for dinner. I sat at the end of the table while Tom sat to my left, Mattheo sat to my right, Theo sat across from me and everyone sat around us. Food appeared before us, but I didn't feel like eating anything. My anxiety was at an all-time high not only because of what happened in DADA but also because I was terrified about the meeting with Eli Logan and Dumbledore after dinner. I had talked to Dumbledore during lunch and explained my requirements for hearing Eli's side of the story. He agreed but suggested that I only bring those I truly trust to keep me calm and sane.

I looked around my group of friends. I had already asked Theo, Enzo, Blaise, Mattheo, and Tom to come but honestly, I didn't want Enzo to see what happened. But Enzo, Tom, and Mattheo are the only ones I believe will be able to keep me calm and from killing the boy for what he's done to me. It's a miracle my friends and I haven't hurt Eli yet. He and his friends broke me to the point that I was revolted by any touch, including Theo's, for almost a year after. I still sometimes freak out when I see the colors red and golden yellow together, but I've worked hard to be better mentally.

As I was in my thoughts, Tom and Mattheo placed a hand on my covered knees while rubbing their thumb to try and comfort me. I softly smile and hum in bliss as I close my eyes. I place my hands over theirs and whisper a thank you which causes them to nod before they continue to eat. I kept my hands on theirs as I tried to think happy thoughts to ease my anxiety.

"Emma, you need to eat," Theo says across from me with a worried look.

"I'm not very hungry right now," I say in a soft voice. He sighs and pushes my plate to the side before placing a small plate with chocolate strawberries. I stared at the plate as my mouth watered. Strawberries and chocolate were two of my favorite foods to eat but put them together and I could not even deny myself the pleasure of eating them. I look at Theo with a smile before speaking.

"How could I say no to these," I say before taking a bite of a chocolate-covered strawberry. I smile and hum in bliss from the concoction in my mouth. I ate about six of them before my stomach started to feel funny. I stopped eating and held my stomach with my hands.

"Are you okay Emma?" Tom asked noticing my change in mood first. His words caused everyone to look my way with worry.

"Yeah, I think I just ate too many of them. My stomach is starting to hurt." I say trying to defuse any worry and fear.

"Drink some water," Mattheo says as he hands me a glass. I take a small sip before placing the glass down. Slowly my stomach started to settle down. "I'm okay guys," I reassure everyone as I let go of my stomach. They nod and go back to their conversations. I look at the Professor's table and see Dumbledore start to get up. He nods his head towards my direction which causes me to sigh with more anxiety.