Chapter Seven

*Tom Riddle*

After leaving Emma to get a night's sleep, Mattheo and I went to our room. We sat on our beds and unraveled the stack of letters Emma had given us. I gently grab the bottom and carefully unfold the letter. I softly smile as her beautiful handwriting is shown in black ink. Reading the letter, made me feel terrible as she went on to ask why I hadn't written back to her. I sigh while putting the letter down and look over the rest. I could only imagine what terrible secrets they hold.

"Hey, Tom?" I heard my brother call me from the other side of the room.

"What?" I asked tired from the long day.

"Do you think Emma was telling the truth?" He asks, setting his letter down.

"About what?" I asked furrowing my brows, confused about what he was talking about.

"She said that she loved us, but she doesn't look at us like she looks at her friends. Do you think she was lying to save us from embarrassment?"

"I believe she needs time to figure out how things are going to be now. We're strangers to everyone here including her friend group. I do believe she loves us but it's not the way you want it to be." I tell him while folding my hands. "You want her to be IN love with you but that's not the case." I hear my brother sigh as he lays on his back.

"I guess you're right. I just wish we had gotten here sooner. Maybe then she would have picked me instead of that prick." He says before closing his eyes. I get up from my bed and change into a pair of black sweatpants and a grey T-shirt. After changing, I carefully place Emma's letters in a drawer so I can read them later. I quickly got into bed and slowly fell asleep.

------------------------------

I'm awoken by a searing burning pain coming from my left wrist. I grabbed ahold of my wrist and realized Emma's bracelet was burning hot. I look over at Mattheo to see him already awake as he holds onto his bracelet. We both jump up and rush out of our room to Emma's. I pounded on the door while saying her name. Theodore groggily opened up and I pushed past him as Mattheo followed.

"What the hell guys?" Theodore asks while rubbing his eyes.

I walked over to where Emma was tossing and turning in her bed with a contorted look on her face. I gently placed a hand on her shoulder while shaking her to wake her up.

"No...no...NO!" She screamed the last one as she sat up in her bed. Tears were forming in her eyes as she looked around trying to gather herself. She was breathing heavily and still seemed like she was in her dream.

"Emma." I softly say while sitting on her bed. She looks at me and her eyes begin to become clearer. She was realizing that she wasn't in her dream anymore.

"Tommy!" She screams as she wraps her arms around my neck while crying. "Please don't leave me again."

I held her tight while stroking her hair. She was a sweaty mess but that didn't matter to me right now.

"It's okay. I'm here, sunshine." I kept on reassuring her. "I'm not going anywhere."

She continued to cry as she held me tightly, most likely afraid that I would leave her. I traced small circles on her back while running my fingers through her hair. This seemed to calm her down. She slowly pulled away and I let her go.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked with a worried tone.

"I thought you left me." She said as more tears began to form.

"I'm not leaving you anytime soon, Sunshine," I say with a soft smile.

"You don't understand Tom. I thought that...that you died." She said as she balled her hands into fists.