My Enemy (1)

Requested by GunjanChouhan3

When Shubman had gotten to know that the captain of Under 19 world cup team of 2016 was coming to meet them he had been very excited. That team had performed wonderfully and Ishan kishan the captain had led his team bravely to the semi finals. Unfortunately they could not secure the gold but silver was an amazing achievement and now the responsibility fell on the current team of which Shubman was a part of to uphold that legacy.

The nervousness of the whole team and especially of Prithvi who was appointed the captainship of this squad could be clearly seen so it was the correct time for a senior to visit. Shubman believed Ishan could help the team and give them the advice necessary.

Ishan kishan was a big name in the cricketing world currently, having been bought buy Mumbai Indians earlier this month. The experience he held could be very valuable to the team.

The fact that Ishan was younger when he had led his team into the world cup than Shubman or Prithvi currently were made Shubman realize that he could clearly understand the pressure of handling such a great responsibility at such a young age and could help them with it.

He had expected a formal meeting where they could sit down and hear Ishan's experiences and his learnings and could get valuable teachings out of them what he had absolutely not expected was Ishan to be a bully.

Ever since Ishan had entered the training ground he had been doing nothing but teasing the players. Shubman had tried to approach him but all he had gotten was an insult to his hair so he kept his distance and huffed irritatedly when he saw Ishan laugh at Prithvi's failed attempt to hit a helicopter shot, even though Prithvi seemed to be laughing too.

Some senior he is...instead of encouraging his juniors he is making fun of us...he might be a good cricketer but he is definitely not a good person...

That was the image Shubman had formed of Ishan when he had first met him. After that, though Shubman heard about him from time to time he and Ishan hadn't come face to face for a long while. They had played IPL matches against each other but their interactions were limited to formal handshakes. Not like Shubman wanted anything else he still had the same image of Ishan in his mind and would prefer to not interact with him throughout his career if possible.

When Shubman got the news that Ishan will be a part of the Indian Team he was disappointed but not really surprised, Ishan was a good player so this was going to happen sooner or later but that still didn't mean Shubman felt any better about having to interact with him more.

Good thing was that the T20 squad for India vs England where Ishan was going to debut didn't include Shubman, so he thought he still had time before he would be forced to be with Ishan. The bad thing was the team and coaches had decided that Ishan should travel with the Test team since it was his first time with the team and he could see and learn how they worked. And Shubman was in the Test team.

Ishan had just arrived at the hotel and was now in the waiting area waiting for everyone to gather so they could go to the airport. He was sitting with Rohit and Hardik already familiar with them because of IPL. Shubman had decided to keep his distance.

It's fine I can ignore him we are just travelling together not like we have to play together yet...I don't need to speak to him..

"Hey Shub come meet Ishan...aren't you guys the same age ?" Hardik called

You couldn't have had a worst timing Hardik bhaiya..

"He is a year younger actually" Ishan said looking at Shubman

Shubman awkwardly walked towards them and squeezed himself in the little space beside Rohit even when the sofa Ishan was sitting at was completely empty.

"Hi.." he said

"I never got a chance to congratulate you for you under 19 gold medal"

"Yeah thanks.."

No thanks to you.... but now that I think about it Prithvi did seem a little calmer after he left...Still he did nothing but bully the team...so no thanks to him..

Shubman's broke from his inner monolouge by Virat's cheerful voice.

"Heyyy Ishan !!" Virat deposited himself beside Ishan and pulled him by his shoulders "International debut huh...how are you feeling Champ..Nervous ??"

"Why would I be nervous when you will be playing with me" Ishan smiled brightly

Yeah Yeah suck up to Virat bhai...Suck up to your seniors and bully your juniors...this guy is so fucking fake man..

"That's my boyy....We need to have a debut party...let's do it after the tests end before the t20's...is that fine with you ?"

"I don't care when..I just want cake andddd......A food fight.."

"Yeahhh !! some fun personality in the team finally..."

"Are you saying I am not fun ??" Rohit stared at Virat offended

Shubman couldn't focus on Virat and Rohit's banter as his eyes stuck on Ishan who was discreetly trying to get Virat's wallet out of his pocket without being noticed by him.

What is he even trying to do..

"Virat bhai" Ishan called out once he had finally secured the wallet in his own pocket "how old are you ?"

"32"

"Really ?? Wow you don't look 32.."

"Yeahhh ?? do I look younger.." Virat smiled

"Actually you look a lot older"

"Older !! What ??"

"I don't believe you are 32...you are lying aren't you ? You must be atleast 35.."

"Hold on I will show you my id" Virat reached for his wallet in his pocket, not finding it there he patted his other pockets "where did my wallet go..??"

Ishan tried to hide in a smile as Virat stood up fully patting his pockets again spinning around.

"You always give me shit for losing things look where it landed you" Rohit laughed

"Where did it go...I am sure I kept it here somewhere"

"5th nov 1988 hmm seems like you are 32 after all"

Virat quickly turned towards Ishan and saw him holding up his wallet. "Ohh wow...thank God you scared me there for a bit.."

"Welllll....it's mine now.." Ishan said before running away

"Heyy noo get here kid" Vriat ran after him laughing loudly

Rohit and Hardik walked away after them to see there shenanigans but Shubman stayed back.

"How can he be so disrespectful to his seniors" Shubman muttered under his breath.

"That wasn't disrespectful" Ishan popped up behind Shubman scaring him " he was laughing, I was laughing...It was funny"

"If you find bullying funny you have a problem"

"How was that bullying??"

"I am not talking about today"

"What ?"

"Forget it.."

Ishan watched Shubman's retreating back with slight disappointment

Why is he so uptight ?? Now that I think about he always was since under 19 days wasn't he....Sad I really wanted to be his friend..

"Hey Ishu want to go exchange the sugar pouches they gave us for tea with salt ?"

"Ohh yes of course Virat bhaiya....but I was thinking chilly powder instead of salt.."

"Ohhh Yeahhh that is a good one..!!."

A/n:- There will be three parts to this request this is the first one. The next part will be up in the next few days 👍