My 100% For You

The buzz of his phone for the fourth time got Ishan out of his dreamless sleep. He huffed sitting up and staring at his phone in disdain until in went quite before ringing again.

Fine I will pick it up...

"Hello"

"Ishu why weren't you picking up your phone...I called you so many times.."

"Hmm.."

"What's wrong baby ?"

"I didn't get to play today as well....we lost.."

"Yeah I know.."

"Rohit bhai said I will playing in the next match"

"Ohh that's good.."

"How is that good...we have already lost the series..Bangladesh is up 2-0..what difference will it make even if win the match tomorrow.."

"Ishu...No matter how important or not a game is..no matter whether you win or lose..when you get down on the field..you have to give your 100 per cent.."

"Hmm..I understand that..but..." Shubman heard a little sniffle from the other side of the phone

"Shub..can you come here..??..I need you.." Ishan said in a shaky wishper

"Yes..yes of course..just give me a few hours baby I will be right there beside you alright..just a few hours okay...I love you.."

Not even five hours later Ishan was greeted by Shubman on his hotel door

"Hey.." Shubman softly mumbled as he engulfed Ishan in a tight hug

"Hey.." Ishan said back buried in Shubman's chest

After freshening up Shubman laid down beside Ishan staring at him while lovingly stroking his hair.

"I was being a little dramatic.." Ishan chuckled

"No Ishu..it's okay to get sad when you lose..that means you are passionate about the game.. "

"Hmm...I missed you.."

"I did too"

"Shub" Ishan voiced after a moment of silence "Next match will be my first time facing Bangladesh in ODI.."

"Yeah.."

"I just saw them defeat my team twice..Are they that good ?? Will I be able to handle them ??"

"Ishu...with your abilities you are going to smoke them.."

"Really ? You think so ?"

"Yes of course...just have confidence in yourself..and play your natural game.."

"Thanks I needed that.."

"Hmm...so what do I get ??" Shubman smiled raising his eyebrows "My therapy session wasn't free you know.."

"Therapy ?? Wow you hurt me Shub..I thought this was you being an encouraging boyfriend...but you had ulterior motives huh ?" Ishan spoke in a dramatic theatrical style placing a hand on his chest

"Come on you didn't think this was going to be free ??" Shubman said pouting

"Fine.." Ishan chuckled before kissing Shubman.

While Ishan walked out in the field with Shikhar to open he looked up at the sky

100% no matter what I give my 100%...

With every ball he faced the thought kept repeating itself in his head.

It was the fourth over, Ishan was at 11 runs when Shikhar got out. That was when Ishan's confidence shook a little. He looked towards the pavillion as Virat entered the ground. It was quite far so he couldn't really see everyone but he could make Shubman out from his silhouette. He saw Shubman nod an encouraging nod clapping his hands and the confidence returned

100% no matter what..

Fours and sixes rained from his bat and in a blink of an eye Ishan was at 50 for 49 balls in just 12 overs. And then a 101 in 85 deliveries.

But he didn't stop there, of course he didn't his all time crush, who was now his boyfriend and would in the future be his husband was watching, So he had to impress.

So then he was at 150 for 103. Even the bowler stood laughing for this new little guy playing first time against them looked like he wasn't gonna stop grinding them anytime soon.

No matter the bowler he faced Ishan's boundaries did not stop. Everyone in the pavillion looked proud of Ishan's magical inning. Virat held a proud smile on his face as he stood at the non striker end watching Ishan play.

Shubman couldn't stop laughing in pure giddiness. He had told Ishu to give his 100 per cent but he hadn't realized that, that would mean that Ishan would bash the bowlers soo hard and break all records.

200 in 126 delivers. The fastest double hundred in the history of cricket. In his first ODI against Bangladesh. Shubman had been very right when he had said Ishan would smoke the bangladesh team.

The cheers of the crowd was loud but not louder than the celebration in the dugout or Virat's pleased shouts or Shubman's proud claps.

Ishan jumped up in the air celebrating his amazing feat. He then turned to the pavillion pointing his bat and then bend down bowing gentlemen style.

Shubman's smile grew tenfold, Ishan was doing his celebration. He then went on to do bhangra with Virat as the whole stadium including the players of the opposing team clapped and acknowledged Ishan's achievement.

Ishan's knock had made people forget that the bowler he was facing were international level. After he got out 5 wickets followed in quick successions. But Ishan's  had already won the match for India.. that was what was going through the viewer's heads but Ishan had only one thing in mind.

No matter whether we are winning or losing 100% I have to give my 100%

So in the second inning Ishan gave his best in fielding as well, saving any run he could. In the end Bangladesh could only make 182 runs as a team.

After the match Ishan went into his hotel room with Shubman.

"I don't think I even need to say this..You were world-class."

"We still lost the series.."

"Yeah we did"

"But I don't...I don't feel bad..because I gave my hundred per cent...I gave my best..And we won the match because of it.."

"Exactly...weather you win or lose there should be no regrets.." Shubman replied

"Wow your are in the double century squad..can you imagine that.."

"You will join me in no time..I know it"

"Yeah ? Will you teach me ?" Shubman chuckled

"Sure..but right now let me teach you something else.." Ishan joked back as he placed a kiss on Shubman's neck.

A/n: What is happening with Ishan is breaking my heart..he is always part of the squad but never the playing 11..How is that fair..it's like keeping him hanging by a thin thread neither letting him play nor letting him rest....I am gald he is taking a break right now I just hope he is alright and that he returns with a banger...

Also....50k+ reads..What ?? How ??
I could have never even imagined this...Thank you soo much to each and everyone of you..I love you ❤️❤️